Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 25, 2018 … Restored to Wholeness

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 115 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from The Gaither Vocal Band singing the Gaither classic … He Touched Me … poignantly singing of the reality that we can only be whole in the restoration provided by the healing touch of salvation from our Savior.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Daniel 4:34 [NLT] … 34 “After this time had passed, I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshiped the Most High and honored the one who lives forever. … “ 
… Nebuchadnezzar testifies to God after being restored to his kingship after having lost his identity and mind.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Daniel 4:28-37 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… The curious and wondrous encounter of Nebuchadnezzar with God and the king’s miraculous restoration and praise of God after losing his identity.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God will show us the way out of our darkness, if - and only IF - we’re willing to trust Him.

Reference Passage : … John 16:33 [NLT] … 33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 
… Jesus has overcome the stresses of the world. Hence, the only way to peace is to trust and follow Him.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… If we’re looking for God’s peace … this is the key!!

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5b [NLT] … 5 … For God has said, … “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” 
… Even when we feel lost in our search of self and identity, God will never leave us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Mart DeHaan, used a curious comparison to someone coming back to wholeness having suffered from amnesia to illustrate how our God restores us when we trust in Him. … The ODB author wrote: Emergency Services in Carlsbad, California, came to the rescue of a woman with an Australian accent who couldn’t recall who she was. Because she was suffering from amnesia and had no ID with her, she was unable to provide her name or where she had come from. It took the help of doctors and international media to restore her health, tell her story, and reunite her with her family.

There was a long period in my life when I floundered in selfishness, not really knowing who I was. However, at age 39 God’s Spirit touched my spiritual amnesia with the reality of my Savior; and I was restored to wholeness and clarity of mind as my relationship with Christ blossomed. Perhaps there are some readers here who identify with having been raised from spiritual amnesia to clarity of mind/heart.

But others reading here may not have had a dramatic touch from God like me or Nebuchadnezzar in the highlight ODB passage, where you lost your way in life, but then was restored to mind/heart by God. Perhaps your growth into the wholeness of a relationship with Jesus has been steady all your life, having been saved at a young age.

But, no matter how we come to an abiding and trusting surrender to follow our Lord, when we do, He is there to lead us, guide us, and protect us. I pray that for all of us here today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for breaking me of my blindness to You; and giving me the change of heart/mind which allowed me to find You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I am Yours, Lord. … Amen
Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: