Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April 17, 2018 … YES, He Is My God!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 107 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … Be Still and Know … poignantly singing of how we need slow down, or even stop, to see that God is God and His love is ALWAYS there for us.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 6:19-20 [NLT] … 19 They had rowed three or four miles when suddenly they saw Jesus walking on the water toward the boat. They were terrified, 20 but he called out to them, “Don’t be afraid. I am here!” 
… Jesus shows His Disciples His divine power over everything.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 6:16-21 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… God tries to show more of Himself in the Person of Jesus walking on the water.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 63:1 [NLT] … 1  O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you.
… Keep searching and KNOW that He is God.

Reference Passage : … John 10:30 [NLT] … 30 “I and the Father are one!” 
… Jesus’ clearest statement of Who He was (is).

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. 
… We know that God is in control … even in the storms of life.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:8 [NLT] … 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever! 
… True … but do we really believe it?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Monica Brands, used a personal story to illustrate that God is still and ALWAYS God no matter what storm we may have to endure.. … The ODB author wrote: For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a mother. I dreamed about getting married, getting pregnant, and holding my baby in my arms for the first time. When I finally got married, my husband and I never even considered waiting to expand our family. But with each negative pregnancy test [see photo], we realized we were struggling with infertility. Months of doctors’ visits, tests, and tears followed. We were in the middle of a storm. Infertility was a bitter pill to swallow and left me wondering about God’s goodness and faithfulness. 

In all of those three years that Jesus walked the earth with His 12 Disciples, He had to use miracles like that one in John 6 where He walked on water in a horrible storm to show His sovereignty over even the storms of life; … to show them that He was [and is] God!

When we go thru a personal storm, like the one the couple did in today’s ODB story above, God is taking us thru that storm to help us to get to know Him more intimately, … to see that He remains in control no matter our circumstances, … and to draw us closer to Himself [see Romans 8:28]. So, if any reader here is going thru a storm, stop and take in today’s linked song and realize that God is OUR GOD [Psalm 63]; and He will be in control no matter what storm we may be going thru. And the more intimately we get to know Him, the more we will love Him, obey Him, serve Him, and be blessed by Him.

But it all begins by getting to know Him more intimately today that yesterday; and even more abidingly tomorrow. That’s why you find me here … EVERY DAY … doing all I can to get to know my King, Jesus, in His word; because I know getting to know my Lord is getting to know my God (see John 10:30]. And EVERY DAY the truth of Hebrews 13:8 is confirmed … that our God never changes!

Our God loves me! And our God even walks on water!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for ALWAYS being the same and ALWAYS loving me.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to know you more intimately thru Your word today than yesterday; … and even more tomorrow. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: