Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 28, 2018 … Growing In His Image

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 118 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Joy Williams singing her song … Do They See Jesus In Me … poignantly singing of how we Christians must do all we can to reflect the person Jesus is remaking into His images.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Timothy 1:11 [NLT] … 11 And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News.
… When God lays a task before us, as He did Paul, He’ll give us what we need to give Him the glory.  ==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 8:10-21 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK … https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+1%3A6-14&version=NLT 
… God teaches Timothy (and us) that when will live for Him, He gives us the grace to do so, no matter what the task is we face.  
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… When we trust in God to show us His way, no matter what we do in His Name, He will give us what it takes.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10[NLT] … 10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
… No matter what we do in God’s Name and for His glory, He will empower us.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.
… No matter what circumstance we’re in, as Christians, it is for our good and His glory.

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 10:13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, reminds us that no matter what temptation or trial we face, He is faithful to show us a way to deal with life.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
… Trust that God is giving us ways - in all we do - to become more like Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, used a personal situation to show how God gives us what it takes to be like Him in all we think, say, and do. … The ODB author wrote: When my son’s teacher asked me to serve as a chaperone for their science camp [see photo], I hesitated. How could I be a role model when mistakes littered my past, when I still struggled, stumbled, and slipped into old bad habits? God helped me love and raise my son, but I often doubted He could use me to serve others. 
Sometimes I still fail to recognize that God—the only perfect One, the only One who can change hearts and lives—transforms us over time. 

I’m sure we all, at some time, have felt inadequate to some challenge or daunting task like the ODB author in his personal story above. However, as Christians, we need to realize and remember that God takes us thru life for our good and His glory (see reference passages above). And so we need to have confidence that our God is going to give us what it takes to deal with those circumstances as we live them out and grow into His images.

So, today, let’s go out - no matter what is in front of us - and, like Joy Williams sings, let others see Jesus in us.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for empowering me with Your grace and gifting.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Lift me up today to let others see Your light in the way I live for You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: