Wednesday, April 11, 2018

April 11, 2018 … Where Is He?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 101 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics of Steve Green singing … Find Us Faithful … poignantly singing of we often need to faithfully follow our Lord even when things find Him seemingly far away.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 13:1, … 5 [NLT] … 1 O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? … 5  But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. 
… David trusted in His God even when God seemed far away.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 13 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… Trusting in God, even when He seems distant, is tough; but David found that trust in writing this Psalm.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… So often we try to figure things out on our own and lose our faith when circumstances seem beyond us and God seems absent.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Isaiah, promises to ALWAYS be there to lift us up in moments of trial/trouble.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NLT] … 5b  For God has said, …“I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” 
… Quoted from God’s word in Deut. 31:6,8 … that God will never abandon a true born-again believer.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, used an illusion to Alice’s dilemma in “Wonderland” when she confronts a very impatient white rabbit. … The ODB author wrote: In Lewis Carroll’s classic Alice in Wonderland, Alice asks, “How long is forever?” The White Rabbit responds [see photo], “Sometimes, just one second.” 
That’s how time felt when my brother David suddenly died. The days leading to his memorial dragged on, intensifying the sense of loss and grief we felt. Every second seemed to last forever.  
Another David echoed this sentiment, singing [in Ps. 13:1], “How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 

Tho I’m not generally a “betting man,” I might wager that any/all reading here with me have been in a place where God seemed distant, given some rough circumstances in life. Maybe you’re there right now? Well if you read on in Psalm 13, you’ll see that David either remembered or held on to the faith that God was there - ALWAYS THERE - and that he could - and would - trust in His Lord in spite of the rough circumstances he was in at the moment.

That’s what I pray for all of us; … that we’ll hold onto our faith as Steve Green sings in the linked song; and we’ll trust God’s presence and power, even in the toughest battles of life.

Meditate on the Scriptures above; and then if you’d like to share how God lifted you up in some tough times, either comment on this blog, or email me at billb13@bellsouth.net and tell me your story.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your promised presence and enabling grace in times of trial.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I pray that all reading here experience Your uplifting presence, Lord, in times of trial, … maybe even today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: