Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22, 2018 … He Knows EVERYTHING!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 112 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …   … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Carrie Underwood and Michel W Smith singing … All Is Well … poignantly singing of the reality of our lives covered by the truth of God’s sovereignty.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 145:9 [NLT] … 9  The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation. 
… God so loves us as His creation that He’s willing to have compassion on our sinful selves. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalms 145:8-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… Our God shows goodness on EVERYONE (see v.9)
=============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 10:29-31 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… Jesus knows EVERYTHING about the creation He values the most.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 28 And we know that God causes EVERYTHING to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 
… Yes, even the most difficult things in our lives are for our God as Christians.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… No need for anti-anxiety meds if we really believed this was truth.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5-6 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… God watches over everything that happens in our lives; and He will (would) never leave us of forsake us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used a personal story about his dog to jokingly illustrate that God is in ALL the details of our lives. … The ODB author wrote: When my “chocolate” Labrador retriever puppy was three months old, I took him to the veterinarian’s office for his shots and checkup. As our vet carefully looked him over, she noticed a small white marking in his fur on his left hind paw. She smiled and said to him, “That’s where God held you when He dipped you in chocolate.” 
I couldn’t help but laugh. But she had unintentionally made a meaningful point about the deep and personal interest God takes in His creation. 

What would our lives be like if we really believed the truth from God’s word in those scriptures above? Would I worry as much about tomorrow if I KNEW … and REALLY believed … that God knew EVERYTHING about me; and that He loved me anyway? Would I fear the unknown, and even threatening circumstances if I really believed that God was in TOTAL control? Would I be stressed out if I could not understand what was going on at any moment in my life?

My answer is a negative to all of those; but I’ll let you answer those questions for yourselves.  But for years I’ve contended that if we really - in the depth of our hearts as Christians - believed in the truth of - let’s say Romans 8:28 or Hebrews 13:5 - then the market for anti-depressants and even headache medicines would plummet. If we really took God’s prescription for anxiety in Phil. 4:6-7 seriously, we’d be well on our way to a more peaceful world, . wouldn’t we? …

Am I right; … or ... AM I RIGHT?!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for knowing all about me and loving me anyway!!
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to believe Your truth and then live it! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: