Monday, April 13, 2020

April 13, 2020 … Seeking My God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 104 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song, and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing their song Even If … poignantly singing their commitment to seek after the Lord … no matter what transpires in life.

A Heart Seeking After God Today 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 63:1 [ESV] ...   1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
… David wanted to show God just how much his heart and mind sought after the protection and closeness of His God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 63 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… King David wrote this song to show how he sought after God’s grace even when he was being pursued by Saul unto death in the wilderness.
==============

Reference Passage : … Deuteronomy 4:29 [ESV] … 29 But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find Him, if you search after Him with all your heart and with all your soul. 
… God commands His people, thru Moses, to seek after Him with all their heart and strength.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 8:17 [ESV] … 17  I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently find me. 
 … God’s promise, thru Solomon, that those who seek diligently after God will find Him.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:33, 7:7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Jesus, promises to provide for those who seek after His provision on a priority basis.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [ESV] … 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 
… Jesus’ promise to His Church that EVERYDAY. when we open the door of our heart as He seeks after our hearts, He will be there for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, illustrates how we need to have a seeking posture in our relationship with God even more than our worldly or fleshly passions seek after satisfaction. … The ODB author wrote: It’s inspiring to watch people’s passion and dedication in pursuing their dreams. A young woman I know recently graduated from college in just three years—a task that took total commitment. A friend wanted a particular car, so he worked diligently baking and selling cakes until he reached his goal. Another person who’s in sales seeks to meet one hundred new people every week. 
While it can be good to earnestly seek something of earthly value, there’s a more important kind of seeking that we must consider. 

And that kind of seeking posture is seen in the song King David wrote while he was desperately seeking to remain alive from King Saul trying to kill him in the wilderness. Psalm 63 is that song; and it shows David’s heart to be close to God at all times, seeking after the Lord’s protection and guidance.

I closely identify with this Psalm because years ago a mentor helped me learn to start each day from a seeking posture. And so, EVERY MORNING for years, I have been praying, from the depth of commitment and my memory, Psalm 63:1-4, … before my feet hit the floor to begin each day. And I truly mean every word of that prayer, desiring to meditate on God’s word, using the Our Daily Bread daily devotionals, to seek after God as I know He invites me EACH DAY to come into my heart (see reference passages, especially Rev. 3:20). And I have found that when I diligently seek after God’s Spirit, Who is seeking to come in with/for me, I find Him … just as He promises I will. And my devotional journal entries each day show how God shows up for me when I seek after Him to start my day.

So, I pray today that all reading here will develop ways to listen for God, Who is knocking on the doors of our hearts - yes, as He is everyday - and then to open that door with a seeking heart, knowing that He will come in and provide for our needs.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there this morning, as You are every morning when I pray from Psalm 63.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to seek after God by opening the doors of our hearts to Him today. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: