Tuesday, April 28, 2020

April 28, 2020 … Who Will Join Me?!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 119 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Matt Redman leading in worship and singing Worthy, You Are Worthy … worshipping God and singing praises to the One Who is worthy of all praise.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 67:4 [NLT] ... 4  Let the whole world sing for joy, because You govern the nations with justice and guide the people of the whole world. …  Interlude 
… The Psalmist sings for the whole world to join him in songs of joy and praise to our worthy God. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 67 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The Psalmist sings of his praise to our worthy God.
==============

Reference Passage : … 1Chronicles 29:11 [NLT] … 11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is Yours, O Lord, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as the One Who is over all things. 
… King David’s praise and prayer to a God worthy of our praise.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 63:1, 3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Singing of our praise to a praiseworthy God; and I pray this every morning before my feet hit the floor to start my day.   

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 25:1 [NLT] … O Lord, I will honor and praise Your name, for You are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now You have accomplished them. 
… Our God is worthy of all praise.

Reference Passage : … John 17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Just before God, the Son, went to the cross, He praised His Father in Heaven for those His Father had brought to Jesus and prayed for them (and for us). And Jesus’ Abba must’ve smiled. My 

Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, has a great idea for all of us who love God and believe that He is worthy of our praise. … The ODB author wrote: When the alarm on Shelley’s phone goes off every day at 3:16 in the afternoon, she takes a praise break. She thanks God and acknowledges His goodness. Although she communicates with God throughout the day, Shelley loves to take this break because it helps her celebrate her intimate relationship with Him. 
Inspired by her joyful devotion, I decided to set a specific time each day to thank Christ for His sacrifice on the cross and to pray for those who have yet to be saved. I wonder what it would be like if all believers in Jesus stopped to praise Him in their own way and pray for others every day.

What a great idea!! … And I’m going to implement it in my life, … starting today … setting my cell phone to remind me DAILY @ 4:13 (because God used Phil. 4:13 to save me) to praise my all worthy Lord and Savior. And as the ODB asks, what would it be like if everyone reading here with me would set our cell phones to remind us each day to stop at least once during the day to thank and praise our worthy God? I think He’d smile, don’t you?

 So, if you’ll join me in this intentional DAILY praise and challenge to others to do the same, please let me know by replying online to this blog or emailing me @ billb13@bellsouth.net . Let’s get our Lord smiling today … and every day !!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … and praise to You for all You are and all You do … for my good and Your glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to praise our worthy God daily for all He is and all He has done. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

1 comment:

Frank Sizemore said...

Bill, That is a great way to be more intentional. I am going to join you in this commitment by stopping to praise our Lord at 8:01 PM daily. My verse is Romans 8:1. The promise in the verse is definitely praiseworthy!