Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April 29, 2020 … God ALWAYS Hears Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 120 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Twyla Paris singing God Is All Around Us … gently singing to all of God’s children that our God is all around us … ALWAYS.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Deuteronomy 4:7 [NLT] ... 7 For what great nation has a God as near to them as the Lord our God is near to us whenever we call on him? 
… God assures His chosen family of His nearness to those who call on Him.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Deuteronomy 4:5-8 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God decrees thru Moses that He is ALWAYS near to those who sincerely call on Him. 
==============

Reference Passage : … 2Chronicles 15:2b [NLT] … 2 … “Listen, all you people of Judah and Benjamin! The Lord will stay with you as long as you stay with Him! Whenever you seek Him, you will find Him. But if you abandon Him, He will abandon you. 
… God’s promises that He will be there for any/all who seek after Him. … Do we?!!

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … 1  I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. 2  Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! 
… It’s why I come back here every morning to be with Him in His word, knowing that He bends down to hear me when I journal what He has to share with me.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [NLT] … 23  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24  Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. 
… My prayer EVERY MORNING !!!

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, pleads for us to trust Him … ALWAYS.

 eference Passage : … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] … 20 … And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus promises to be with His true disciples …. ALWAYS … EVERYWHERE … as we seek to serve and follow Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Sheridan Voysey, uses the image of letters written to God to illustrate that anyone can commune with God … anytime and anywhere! … The ODB author wrote: Each day at a post office in Jerusalem, workers sort through piles of undeliverable letters in an attempt to guide each to its recipient. Many end up in a specially marked box labeled “Letters to God.” 
About a thousand such letters reach Jerusalem each year, addressed simply to God or Jesus. Puzzled by what to do with them, one worker began taking the letters to Jerusalem’s Western Wall to have them placed between its stone blocks with other written prayers. [see photo] Most of the letters ask for a job, a spouse, or good health. Some request forgiveness, others just offer thanks. One man asked God if his deceased wife could appear in his dreams because he longed to see her again. Each sender believed God would listen, if only He could be reached. 

But God can be reached, can’t He? Yes, … and because I know He resides in my heart as a born-again Christian, it’s why you find me here EVERY DAY, seeking after God’s truth in His word, … and praying the prayer of Ps. 139:23-24; … trusting that my God hears me and shows me the way to go Home. And as along as I’m physically and mentally able, I will be here tomorrow - and the day after that - following His way everlasting [see reference passages].

How about you, fellow pilgrim? Why don’t you write Him a prayer letter today. I assure you, … He’ll get it!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there to hear me today … and tomorrow … and the day after that!!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to commune with our God today … and then again tomorrow. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: