Sunday, April 26, 2020

April 26, 2020 … He Sings With Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 117 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in Images, song and lyrics from the Movie and song, sung by the group Mercy Me, I Can Only Imagine … the group poignantly singing of how we can only imagine what it will be like to sing WITH GOD in Heaven.

God sings with me everyday ... 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Zephaniah 3:17 [NLT] ... 17  For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. 
… God promises that one day He will sing over us just as we can sing over Him in this life; … but as it comes from God in Heaven, it will be a song infinitely more beautiful than ours. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Zephaniah 3:14-20 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God encourages His chosen ones to sing to Him; but He also shows that He’s sings over us. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Genesis 1:26 [NLT] … 26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us.   
… Since we were made in God’s image, it stands to reason that our drive to sing back to God is a reflection of His desire to sing to us.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 32:7 [NLT] … 7  For You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.  
… King David sings that he sensed God singing songs of victory to him.

Reference Passage : … Mark 14:26 [also Matt. 26:30] [NLT] … 26 Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives. 
… At the “last supper,” Jesus sang hymns with His Disciples, … more evidence that God sings with His people.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 3:16 [NLT] … 16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom He gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 
… The Apostle Paul taught that God wants us, His children, to express the Spirit in us by singing hymns and spiritual songs back to Him.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 5:8-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… In Heaven we will sing a new song, a glorious song back to God as we hear Him sing His song to us (see highlight passage).

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Estera Pirosca Escobar, uses a story of a young man who used singing to encourage others, … using a talent God gave him to honor God by singing to others. … The ODB author wrote: Dandy loves encouraging people by singing to them. One day we were having lunch at his favorite restaurant, and he noticed the waitress was having a hard day. He asked her a few questions and then started quietly singing a catchy, upbeat song to cheer her up. “Well, kind sir, you just made my day. Thank you so much,” she said with a big smile, as she wrote down our food order. 

I don’t know about you, fellow Christian, but ever since I became a Christian over 3 decades ago, music (both melody and lyrics) which praises or honors God has a peace-giving, uplifting, effect on my soul. And I love to sing praises to His Name in worship services or just when I hear a God-honoring hymn or praise song like the one linked above. Yes, I have imagined singing praises TO GOD in Heaven as I do in this life. But this morning I realized that in glory we, who are born again, will be singing WITH GOD in Heaven. … WOW!!

But that shouldn’t be a surprise, should it? We Christians are made in God’s image, aren’t we (see Gen. 1:26)? And since God’s word (see the highlight passage and Ps. 32:7) tells us that God sings His protective songs over His people. And since we know that Jesus sang with His Disciples (see Mark 14:26). And since we know that God’s people are called on to sing praises to our Lord (see Col. 3:16). And since we know that we’ll be singing praises TO GOD in Heaven (see Rev. 5). why would we be surprised that our God actually sings along with our praise music, … music which is such an integral part of Christian worship and so popular as a music genre?

So, if you’re like me, I praise God for HIS MUSIC and how it influences my life, … even being a lead part of my journaling here every morning. I find it so uplifting to start each morning hearing God sing to me through a song which He leads me to share here in my daily blog. And I pray it lifts you up as well. Can you just imagine His joy in singing to you today?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for taking me to glory thru wonderful music You create thru Your children.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to be uplifted by God-honoring music which praises Your Holy Name. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: