Thursday, April 16, 2020

April 16, 2020 … Consuming God’s Word

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 107 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from The Gettys singing, Speak O Lord … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, need to hunger after the truth of God’s word to give us direction and power in life.

Consuming the Bible in Braille

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Jeremiah 15:16 [NLT] ...  16  When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies. 
… Jeremiah expresses the joy he experienced when consuming the word of God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Jeremiah 15:15-21 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Jeremiah, with great joy, expresses the power he gets from consuming God’s word. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:1-2 [NLT] … 1  Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. 2  Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. 
… God shows us, thru the psalmist, the joy we receive when we consume and follow God’s word.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] … 11  It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. 
… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, of the power of His word in the lives of believers who consume it.

Reference Passage : … Luke 11:28 [NLT] … 28 Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.” 
… God, thru His Son, blesses those who take in God’s word and apply it in their (our) lives.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The power of God’s word in our lives.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, uses a story of young believer who was driven to consume God’s word though blind and handicapped. … The ODB author wrote: A new believer in Jesus was desperate to read the Bible. However, he’d lost his eyesight and both hands in an explosion. When he heard about a woman who read Braille with her lips, he tried to do the same—only to discover that the nerve endings of his lips had also been destroyed. Later, he was filled with joy when he discovered that he could feel the Braille characters with his tongue! [see photo] He had found a way to read and enjoy the Scriptures. 

OK, readers … I assume you’ve taken in the powerful song by the Irish group, The Gettys; and may I assume that you’ve meditated on the scriptures God led me study and share today? And then. … there was the ODB entry which showed us the blessing one can receive when we are REALLY motivated to consume God’s word.

And I think God was saying to me, “Bill, are you really getting all I have for you from My word?” And most certainly, I can give witness to the joy and peace that I receive each morning when I come here, … digging deeply into God’s word and praying that God’s Spirit will give me something from His word that either brings me or others His joy and clear direction in life. But perhaps we all need to assess whether we are getting as much as The LORD has for us to live with power and direction when we consume God’s truth from His word.

I pray that for us all.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your truth as Your “GPS” to guide my life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will consume Your truth from Your word and use it as our perfect “GPS” for life. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: