Friday, April 03, 2020

April 3, 2020 … Crowns Await

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 94 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  …Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Mia Fieldes singing Fearless … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, can - AND SHOULD - live fearless lives, knowing that what lies ahead are crowns in glory and an eternal life with our Lord and Savior.

Awaiting Crowns in Glory

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2Timothy 4:7-8 [ESV] ...    7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 
… In the end Paul knew that his life had been lived to attain the crown of righteousness which awaited him in glory.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2Timothy 4:1-8 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The Apostle Paul, sensing his eminent death, declares what lies ahead for him and for all of us who have surrendered our lives to the Lordship of King Jesus.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23:1-4 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… As long as we follow the Good Shepherd in this life, He will lead us thru all the valleys of the shadow of death into His green pastures and still waters in glory.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… We can fearlessly trust that God will lead us to glory on His paths of righteousness when we surrender to follow His will and His ways.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:19-20 [ESV] … 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 
… Tho all Christians who are called to God’s “Great Commission,” the Lord also promises to be with us all the way to glory.

Reference Passage : … 1Peter 5:4 [ESV] … 4 And when the chief Shepherd appears, you [Elders/Pastors] will receive the unfading crown of glory. 
… For those who are called to shepherd God’s people, a crown of glory awaits in heaven.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Remi Oyedele, tells of Martin Luther King being fearless the night before his assassination because of his faith in Christ and knowing how he had lived his life. … The ODB author wrote: On the night of April 3, 1968, Dr. Martin Luther King gave his final speech, “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop.” In it, he hints that he believed he might not live long. He said, “We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn’t matter with me now. Because I’ve been to the mountaintop. And I’ve looked over. And I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. . . . [But] I’m happy tonight. I’m not worried about anything. I’m not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.” The next day, he was assassinated.  

And the ODB author also references the Apostle Paul’s fearless confidence, writing to a young church leader, Timothy, encouraging the young pastor to go ahead with confidence, knowing that he, like Paul, would receive crowns of glory in heaven. And that is a promise we can all be lifted up, … as Mia Fieldes sings in the linked song … to live life FEARLESSLY because of our faith in King Jesus, Whom we follow and Whom will be with us always (see reference passages above).

This seems very pertinent and appropriate as today we face all the unknowns of a viral pandemic which is taking so many lives in our world. But we can - AND SHOULD - move ahead fearlessly, as did the Apostle Paul and Martin Luther King, … even with the shadow of dearth hanging over us, … because we know of the crowns of glory which await us in heaven (see photo).

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for Your promises to crown me when I come Home to be with You in glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to move ahead in these fright-filled times, … FEARLESSLY knowing what God has for us in glory. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: