Monday, April 06, 2020

April 6, 2020 … Overcoming Ourselves

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 97 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song, images, and lyrics from the group Third Day singing Blessed Assurance … poignantly singing of how mankind, born sinners, can only receive God’s salvation when we surrender to receive His grace thru the blood of Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 3:10-12 [ESV] ...    10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands;  no one seeks for God. 12  All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” 
… Paul declares the truth that there is no one can claim to be righteous enough to be granted entrance to Heaven.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 3:9-18 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The Apostle Paul declares from scripture that NO ONE is righteous in this world. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 53:1-3 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… King David in song declares the the truth about mankind … that NO ONE is righteous in and over ourselves.

Reference Passage : … John 16:33 [ESV] … 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 
 … In a moment of dire confusion and uncertainty, Jesus recognizes that we’re going to have troubles in this world, … BUT that He had overcome the world.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:8-9 [ESV] … 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 
… The Apostle Paul clearly declares that it is ONLY by GOD’S GRACE that we are saved and admitted into Heaven, … not by anything we can do in our own strength.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
… The Apostle Paul remembered that Jesus had declared that it is only thru God’s grace that we can be saved and sanctified and given the power to overcome our selves in this world.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Cindy Hess Kasper, uses a memorial declaration of the Gospel truth that NO ONE ON OUR OWN has the strength to overcome our own sin nature and gain entrance to Heaven. … The ODB author wrote: “Jerry was a good man,” the pastor said at Jerald Stevens’ memorial service. “He loved his family. He was faithful to his wife. He served his country in the armed services. He was an excellent dad and grandfather. He was a great friend.” 
But then the pastor went on to tell the friends and family gathered that Jerry’s good life and good deeds were not enough to assure him a place in heaven. And that Jerry himself would have been the first to tell them that!  

The message from this ODB entry is clear, … isn’t it? In and of ourselves we are sinners and need a Savior to enter the portals of Heaven. And that is certainly the message we get from meditating on the truth of the Scriptures above; and you can hear of my own “Blessed Assurance” in the linked song as well, … with the joy I’m feeling during this Holy Week, knowing that I’m surrendered to my Savior with the eternal hope of salvation.

Oh, how I pray today that all reading here have internalized these truths and have surrendered your will to the ONLY ONE Who can give us the strength to overcome ourselves and seek entrance, thru our Savior’s blood, into that eternal relationship He promises to all who would repent of our sins, believe on Him, and receive His grace to enter His eternal kingdom.

And if you have done that, let others know about it by sharing your testimony, as the Apostle Paul do so often in His letters to other Christians. Let them know - personally or on social media - just how Jesus has changed your own life! … He certainly has changed mine !!! And I’d be glad to share that with any reader (send me an email - billb13@bellsouth.net - and I’ll be glad to share my story of how God broke an angry atheist, who was deeply into sexual sin, and has made me over into Rev. W.R. Berry, an Ordained Minister, working every day to help others who desire to walk free from habitual sin).

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing me the way to surrender and follow You today and into eternity.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to surrender completely to receive God’s grace and to follow You, King Jesus, today and tomorrow. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: