Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 21, 2020 … My Friend, Jesus

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 112 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing, I Am A Friend of God … poignantly singing of how Jesus becomes a friend closer than a brother when we believe and receive Him as Lord and Savior.

He's my friend! ... How about you? 
=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 5:11 [NLT] ... 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. 
… Paul declares the friendship with God in Which we can rejoice when Jesus becomes our Lord and Savior.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 5:6-11 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Paul helps Christians understand our new relationship with Christ when He becomes our Lord … and FRIEND.
==============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] … 20 …  And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus’ declaration of His friendship and loyalty to those who’re willing to be His true disciples and follow Him as Lord.

Reference Passage : … Luke 15:10 [NLT] … 10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.” 
… Jesus’ parable of the lost coin to illustrate how the angels in heaven celebrate when just one sinner repents and is willing to follow Jesus as His long lost friend.

Reference Passage : … John 15:13-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus explains the depth of the relationship He has with all those who’re willing to follow Him our Lord … where He becomes our Friend.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 
… Jesus declare His eternal desire to fellowship with any/all who follow Him as Lord … to come in with those willing to receive Him as a friend.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Sheridan Voysey, uses a story of a young child’s perception of her relationship with Christ to highlight our friendship with God in salvation. … The ODB author wrote: A mother and her young daughter are sitting in church one day. During the service, opportunity is given for people to publicly receive God’s forgiveness. Every time someone walks forward to do so, the little girl begins to clap. “I’m so sorry,” the mother later tells the church leader. “I explained to my daughter that repentance makes us friends with God again, and she just wanted to cheer for everyone.” 
Simplified for a child’s mind, the mother’s words were a good explanation of the gospel. Once God’s enemies, we have been reconciled to Him through Christ’s death and resurrection (Romans 5:9–10). 

Oh, my words will be few here today; because, just as the young girl in the ODB story above, I applaud you - any reader here - who has joined me to set aside our enmity with God and become a friend of Jesus. But when you read and meditate on the quotes from Jesus above (see reference passages), and take in the linked song, … will you join me with a resounding, Hallelujah, praising God that King Jesus is willing to be our FRIEND when we’re willing to repent of our sin and follow Him as our Lord?

Hey, my friend … He’s MY friend!! … How about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being my eternal Friend. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to join me with a thankful heart today because Jesus is our Friend. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: