Monday, August 03, 2020

Aug 2, 2020 … Living In His Victory

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 215 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … I Will Rise … poignantly singing how Christ has overcome the sting of death; and we, as His disciples, can live forever in the knowledge of His victory and the freedom which comes from living in that truth.

Japanese soldier surrenders 29 years after the end of WW2

==============
Highlight Passage : … Romans 6:4 [ESV] ... 4 We were buried therefore with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 
… We, who know and believe in Christ’s defeat of sin on the cross now live with Him in freedom over sin … FOREVER!!
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Romans 6:1-11 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, declares the truth of our faith in the finished work of Christ, allowing us to have eternal life in the victory over death won by Christ on the cross.

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [ESV] ... 23 And He said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 
 … Jesus declares the truth that anyone who’s willing to die to self and follow Him will live in the victory He had won on the cross.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:1 [ESV] … 1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 
… Paul proclaims the reality (and truth) that His victory on the cross means that we no longer live under the condemnation of death in our sin.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] … 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 
 … When we recognize and surrender to follow Christ, we are reborn and raised into the newness of life He won for us from His death the cross.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …  20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
… When we chose to die to self, we can live by faith in Christ’s victory over sin and death.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Winn Collier, AT THIS LINK  uses the historical story of a Japanese WW2 soldier who lived for 29 years believing that Japan had never surrendered. But finally, Hiroo Onoda surrendered his sword (see photo) to the allies when he learned and was set free by the truth, … illustrating how we are set free to live in the victory won by Christ over sin on the cross when we repent of our sins and follow Christ into glory.

Oh how I pray that all reading here know - and believe - the truth espoused in the linked song and the reality that any/all who surrender the sword of self and repent of our sinfulness to follow Christ will rise with Him to eternal freedom. And I do pray we are walking in that freedom today! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your victory to live with You in freedom from my sin today, tomorrow, and forever.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to walk in the freedom our Lord won for us on the cross. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: