Sunday, August 09, 2020

Aug 9, 2020 … God’s Love Letter

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 222 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing … The Love of God … poignantly singing of how God writes in His word of His love for us.

God's love letter to us ... 

==============
Highlight Passage : … 1John 1:5 [ESV] ...   5 This is the message we have heard from Him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.   
… The Apostle John writes in this letter his witness of Christ and God’s desire that all see the light Who brings those who follow Him out of the darkness of this life/world.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … 1John 1:1-8 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… The Apostle John writes to others proclaiming the witness of those who saw the transforming love/grace of God in the Person of His Son, Jesus, … The Christ.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 40:8 [ESV] … 8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. 
 … God’s love letter to mankind, His living word, will last forever.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 55:11 [ESV] … 11  … so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. 
 … God’s word is eternally powerful to accomplish God’s purposes.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 24:36 [ESV] … 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. 
 … Jesus, Himself, declares that His word is eternal.

Reference Passage : … 1Peter 1:25 [ESV] … 25 But the word of the Lord remains forever.” And this word is the good news that was preached to you. 
 … Peter writes to persecuted Christians about the good news of the Gospel, thru God’s word, is eternal powerful.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Peterson, AT THIS LINK writes of a letter writing competition where the contestants were asked to … “Imagine you are a letter traveling through time. What message do you want to convey to your readers?”

Well, … personalizing that challenge, … I immediately thought of why I’m here - every morning - writing what I believe God gives me - from what is written in Our Daily Bread and, more importantly, from God’s word to share my impressions with others via my blogging, which I publish herein. And then today, I remembered that what I’m sharing comes from God’s love letter to me … and to anyone who would seek God’s truth in His eternal word (see Scriptures above).

You know, my fellow Christian, God’s word is eternally powerful to accomplish His purposes (see Isaiah 40:8 and 55:11). God’s Prophets in the OT, like Isaiah, and His Apostles in the NT, like John and Peter, wrote, … with the inspiration and motivation of God’s Spirit, … of God’s love and grace in bringing His Son to save us from our sin. And we need to be writing - or at least verbally sharing - the truth (from His word) about the transforming “Good News” of the Gospel.

My friend, to whom could we write a letter (or a text or a blog or an email) … TODAY, … sharing God’s love - from His word - with someone whom we know needs His saving or sanctifying grace? 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for sending me Your love letter, sharing Your Gospel grace with me and daily challenging me to share Your love in these blogs with others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to write to someone today, sharing how God’s love/grace has changed our lives … FOREVER. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: