Thursday, August 13, 2020

Aug 13, 2020 … A Good/Godly Work

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 226 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group, Casting Crowns, singing … Lifesong … poignantly singing of how, we Christians can - and should - make our life work a song for God’s glory.

A security guard at the Watergate in 1972 changed history by doing his duty ... 

==============
Highlight Passage : … Nehemiah 6:3 [ESV] ...    3 And I sent messengers to them, saying, “I am doing a great work and I cannot come down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and come down to you?”  
… Nehemiah simply chose not to be distracted by distractors, staying true to God’s calling and feeling like it was a great work for his God.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Nehemiah 6:1-4 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Nehemiah honored God by simply staying true to following God’s will and his calling. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Deuteronomy 6:5 [ESV] … 5 You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your might. 
… God’s command, thru Moses, to His people (that’s us too!) … to live to serve God with ALL of our heart, soul, and strength.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] … 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
… Again, … Paul charges us, as His body, to serve Him in ALL that we do.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:1 [ESV] … 1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, … 
… Again, … Paul charges us, as His body, to serve Him in ALL that we do.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 3:17 [ESV] … 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do EVERYTHING in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. 
… Again, … God, thru Paul, charges us, as His body, to serve Him in ALL that we do.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Glenn Packiam, AT THIS LINK  uses the story of a security guard at the Watergate [see photo] who, in 1972, was just doing his job and uncovered the office break-in which ultimately led to a sitting President resigning office.

The point of this illustration is that when we do what we do well - and for God’s glory - even the smallest choices and actions, fashioned by God’s grace and purpose, can honor Him and lead to great things happening for His glory.

That was the case with Nehemiah staying true to his calling to rebuild the walls in Jerusalem (see highlight passage). And it was what the Apostle Paul called fellow disciples of Christ to do in our lives … to live and work - as Casting Crowns sings in the linked song - all for the glory of God (see Pauline passages above).

So, I pray that all reading here will join me to be vigilant today, doing what we’re called to do by God; and doing it, as God called us to do life (see Deut. 6:5), … with our whole heart of love for His glory.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me the opportunity to serve You today ... for Your glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, as I wrote yesterday, … to reach out, walk out, and speak out today … serving our Lord with all our hearts for His glory. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: