Saturday, August 08, 2020

Aug 8, 2020 … New In Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 221 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lincoln Brewster singing … Made New … powerfully singing of how Christ gives us hope thru His redeeming love/grace and making us over into His image.


==============
Highlight Passage : … John 11:27 [ESV] ...   17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.   
… We are made over in Christ to become a witness for His glory to others.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … 2Corinthians 5:14-21 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Paul shows fellow Christians how we were made new from Christ’s completed sacrifice share our newness with others.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 43:18-19 [ESV] … 18  “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. 19  Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. 
 … Hundreds of of years before Christ’s finished work on the cross, Isaiah prophesies God’s plan for redemption and reconciliation … a new way from sinfulness to salvation.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] … 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
… In choosing to follow King Jesus as Lord, we are made over and redeemed by His blood.

Reference Passage : … Ephesian 2:10 [ESV] … 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 
 … Paul shows fellow Christians that we become Christ’s workmanship to glorify His Father with our good works.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [ESV] … 6 And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 
 … Paul knew first-hand, as we should, that God is making us Christians over into His image to prepare us for His second coming.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, AT THIS LINK  writes of how one witnessing Christian transformed South Africa’s most violent prison to a new, more peaceful, culture by sharing the Gospel message with the inmates.

And I know, … personally, … how Christ’s finished work on the cross changes lives, often calling myself a “posterboy" for the truth of today’s highlight verse (from 2Cor. 5:17). Almost 4 decades ago, I was an angry atheist, addicted to sexual sin, who did all I could to convince Christians they were fools to believe and follow Christ. But now, I am an Ordained Minister who leads a ministry to help those shackled in sexual sin to walk free from their habitual, and often addictive, sin to live free in Christ [see this link].

 Isaiah had that message of freedom for God’s people hundreds of years before Christ (see Is. 43:18-19); and after Christ’s finished work on the cross, the Apostle Paul had that Gospel message for any of us, who would surrender ourselves and become witnesses for Christ, … showing others how we are made new by His blood and are being made-over into His image by becoming His disciples [see Pauline scriptures above].

And I pray that all reading with me here can - AND WILL - share that truth with others to help them walk free from self by following The Savior.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for making me over today and tomorrow by becoming a witnessing disciple of Christ.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to share the newness we have found in Christ with others. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: