Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Aug 25, 2020 … He’s In His Word

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 238 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song, and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers singing … Open Our Eyes … poignantly singing of how our greatest desire in life as disciples of Christ should be to have our eyes opened to Jesus.

Seeking and Finding God in His word ...  

==============
Highlight Passage : … Psalm 119:18 [ESV] ...    18 Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. 
… The Psalmist prays in song to have his eyes opened to the Lord thru God’s word. 
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Psalm 119:17-24 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru a psalmist, shows believers how they seek/find the Lord thru His word. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Joshua 1:8 [ESV] … 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.  
 … God shows Joshua (and us) that we can only be successful to follow His will if/when we seek it thru His word.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 1:1-2 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God blesses those who seek Him and stay in His word to find Him.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:33 [ESV] … 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things [i.e., the basics of life] will be added to you.  
 … Jesus commands us to seek FIRST after Him and His righteousness and the best place to do that is in His word.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God word tells us that the best place to seek after God is in His word.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, AT THIS LINK  writes of a woman discovering a surprising reward by reading the small-print in an insurance document, … the author illustrating how we can find so much more of the essence of God by searching for His treasures in His word.

My fellow readers, … oh how God desires for us to know Him more intimately; and the Scriptures above attest to that as well as The Lord telling us - in/thru His word - that we will find Him and follow Him best when we seek Him in His word [see photo]. So, I don’t have to go on to see the point of this ODB entry, do I?

We need to ask ourselves if we’ve found all the treasures God has for us by seeking to know Him in/thru His word. I think not! So, I’ll be here every morning, as the Maranatha Singers sing in the linked song, … seeking to know my Lord more intimately from His word. Will you join me? 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for letting me know You more intimately today in Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to get to know You in Your word today … and even more tomorrow. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: