Thursday, August 06, 2020

Aug 6, 2020 … Seriously Seeking God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 219 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … The More I Seek You … poignantly singing of seeking, finding, and loving God with all our hearts.

Seeking God with all our heart ... 

==============
Highlight Passage : … 1Samuel 1:7 [ESV] ...   7 And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them. 
… And God gave the selfish people a king to follow to show them the error of their seeking ways. 
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … 1Samuel 8:1-9 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God tells Samuel to give the recalcitrant people their way to show them that they must seek Him rather than trying to follow a king.
=============

Reference Passage : … 2Chronicles 12:9 [ESV] … 9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. …
… God continually seeks those for His purposes who are those who seek His love and righteous guidance.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:10 [ESV] … 10  With my whole heart I seek You [LORD]; let me not wander from your commandments! 
… The Psalmist sought after God with all his heart by seeking Him thru His word.

Reference Passage : … Jeremiah 29:13 [ESV] … 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 
… God promises that we will find Him when we seek Him with all our heart.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:33 [ESV] … 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 
 … Jesus promises that He will provide our needs when we seek Him FIRST - above our selfish desires.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 7:7-8 [ESV] … 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 
 … Jesus again promises that when we seek after Him, we will find Him as our Provider God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, John Blase, AT THIS LINK relates an episode in Chicago social history in the 60s when the government tried to establish inter-racial housing. But the experiment failed because of the selfish ways the people sought to take advantage of the program.

Years ago a mentor showed me that I need to begin each day seeking to pursue God’s ways rather than my own. So I developed a way to begin my day by memorizing and praying God’s own word back to Him from Psalms 19:14, 63:1-4, and 139:23-24. … [I charge you to mediate on and pray those verses to God when you read this!] …

I do this because I believe God’s promises from the Scriptures above; and I know that when I seek God with all my heart, I will find Him; … and when I find Him, … as Kari Jobe sings in the linked song, … I will love Him, obey Him, and serve Him. So, perhaps my readers here will join me today in seeking our Lord’s presence … WITH ALL OUR HEARTS!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there to find You when I come to you, seriously seeking Your presence and power.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to seriously seek after God’s ways rather than desiring our own. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: