Sunday, August 30, 2020

Aug 30, 2020 … Jesus In the Mirror

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 243 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images. song and lyrics from Joy Williams singing … Do They See Jesus In Me … poignantly singing of how we should desire, as Christians, for others to see Jesus in the way we live in/for Him.


==============
Highlight Passage : … Lamentations 3:40 [ESV] ...    40 Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the Lord! 
… God desires that we test our selves and return to the ways of the Lord.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Lamentations 3:37-42 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Jeremiah exhorts fellow believers to join him to examine our selves and eliminate our transgressions of God.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:59-60 [ESV] … 59  When I think on my ways,  I turn my feet to your testimonies; 60 I hasten and do not delay to keep your commandments. 
 … The Psalmist sings of using God’s word to examine his ways and to keep God’s commandments.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [ESV] … 23  Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24  And see if there be any grievous way in me,  and lead me in the way everlasting 
… King David praying for God to examine his heart to be able to follow the Lord more closely.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 13:5-6 [ESV] … 5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! 6 I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test. 
… Paul charges fellow Christians to examine ourselves to see how we’re walking in the faith.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 6:3-5 [ESV] … 3 For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. 5 For each will have to bear his own load. 
… Paul warns Christians to test themselves to see if we’re bearing the load God desires for us to carry.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Dave Banon, AT THIS LINK  writes of reading old WW2 letters from his father which showed him how the Army examined all letters to protect against sensitive information getting out if the letters fell into hands of the enemy.

And those letters reminded the ODB author how important it ways to examine ourselves to see if we are worthy of God’s grace and His sacrifice to save us from our own sins and so that others will see more and more of our Savior in the way we live. The scriptures above, from both the OT and NT, show us Prophets, Psalmists, and the Apostles calling on fellow believers to test and examine ourselves in the faith to see if others might see our Lord living in and thru us.

That’s what Joy Williams sings in the linked song; and it’s why you find me here every morning beginning my day by praying from Psalm 139:23-24 and seeking God’s truth as His “GPS” to be able to follow God’s way … so that others might see more of Jesus in the way I live day-by-day-by-day.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your “GPS” thru Your word; … and helping me to imitate You more closely today.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to test ourselves and see if we see more of Jesus in the mirror today . and even more tomorrow. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: