Thursday, August 20, 2020

Aug 20, 2020 … Working TOGETHER for HIM

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 233 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group, Casting Crowns, singing … Lifesong … poignantly singing of how, we Christians can - and should - make our life work a song for God’s glory.

Christians working together for clean water ... 

==============
Highlight Passage : … 1Corinthians 3:8-9 [ESV] ...    8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. 9 For we are God's fellow workers. …  
… God charges each of us to be fellow workers in God’s kingdom.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … 1Corinthians 3:1-9 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to avoid divisions and work TOGETHER, using all we have and all we do for God’s glory.
=============

Reference Passage : … Deuteronomy 6:5 [ESV] … 5 You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your might. 
… God’s command, thru Moses, to His people (that’s us too!) … to live to serve God with ALL of our heart, soul, and strength.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] … 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
…  Paul charges us, as His body, to serve Him in ALL that we do.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:1 [ESV] … 1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, … 
… Again, … Paul charges us, as His body, to serve Him in ALL that we do.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 3:17 [ESV] … 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do EVERYTHING in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. 
… Again, … God, thru Paul, charges us, as His body, to serve Him in ALL that we do. How often does God need to repeat Himself for us to do what He says. 

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK writes of Christians working together in a non-prophet mission to provide clean water for third-world peoples (see photo) to illustrate how Christians must work TOGETHER for God’s glory in this world.

And if you have read my journaling recently you may recall my blog of 8/13/20 (SEE THIS LINK ) which referenced the same linked song and scriptures as those above, … where the ODB author for that date was showing that we, as Christ’s body, should be doing all we can - TOGETHER - working in unity for God’s glory.

The question today is … WILL WE? … I pray so !!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for allowing us, as Your body, to work together for Your glory. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to commit ourselves today … TOGETHER … to work in unity and doing all we can to glorify You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: