Friday, August 28, 2020

Aug 28, 2020 … Our Rescuer

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 241 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lauren Daigle singing … Rescue … poignantly singing of how God rescues us in our times of trouble or tribulation.

Kayak rescue of a desperate swimmer ... 

==============
Highlight Passage : … Ezekiel 34:11-12 [ESV] ...    11 “For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. 
… God promises to be the Shepherd of His wayward flock.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Ezekiel 34:5-12 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru a Prophet, promises his people to be their (our) rescuing shepherd.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23:1-4, 91:1-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru His Psalms, promises to be our Good Shepherd and Rescuer in times of trouble.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 53:6 [ESV] … 6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. 
… We are God’s stray sheep; and we need a Good Shepherd to rescue us.

Reference Passage : … John 10:10-11 [ESV] … 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 
… Jesus promises to rescue us from Satan.

Reference Passage : … John 16:33 [ESV] … 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 
… Jesus teaches that He is our “Overcomer” in the trials of life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon, AT THIS LINK tells of a kayak rescuing a desperate swimmer (see photo) to illustrate how God is our “Rescuer” when we’re in over our heads in rough waters.

And the Bible in both the OT and NT, heralds God’s promise to be our rescuer, … with us often pictured as desperately wayward sheep with a “Good Shepherd” coming to rescue us from going astray from His flock. We certainly read that image in the Psalms shared above, don’t we? And of course, Jesus became our ultimate “Good Shepherd,” … coming and rescuing us from Satan and ourselves.

That’s what Lauren Daigle sings about and the Scriptures promise to us above; and so, in these troubled - and almost desperate times - where we’re shown to be weak and wayward sheep, I pray that we all come to realize that God is still our Good Shepherd, … Who has come to rescue us. We need to reach out and let Him!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being our Rescuing Good Shepherd.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to praise and thank You for being our Good Shepherd and our Rescuer in these trying times. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: