Thursday, September 14, 2023

September 14, 2023 … Giving It ALL to the LORD …

September 14, 2023 …  Giving It ALL to the LORD    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Carrie Underwood singing I Surrender All … poignantly singing of God’s call for His children to surrender ALL of our cares and worries to Him.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 46:10 [NLT] … 

10 “Be still and know that I am God!  I will be honored by every nation.  I will be honored throughout the world.”    

…God, speaks of His sovereignty over all the nations .             

               

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalm 46 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God’s promise in song of giving His strength and sovereignty to cover the weakness of His people.                                                                                                          

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

…God, thru Solomon’s wisdom, calls on His people to trust Him, … the Lord. … to lead His people.     


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10  [NLT] …  

10 Don’t. be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God’s promise to His people to give the HIs strength to cover the weakness of His promised people. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

…Jesus invites all born-again saints to let Him give us the strength to give us His rest.        


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12: 9  [NLT] …  

 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  

… Paul relies on - and teaches fellow Christians - that God’s grace is sufficient to cover our moments of weakness.            


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7  [NLT] …  

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.  

… Peter exhorts fellow Christians to take all our cares and worries to our God Who cares for us. 

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Karen Huang  AT THIS LINK …  wrote of a young man, named Keith,  being worried when his boss gave him the responsibility to watch over his boss’ store during the boss’ vacation; but his boss helped give Keith encouragement by emailing Keith, “All you have to do is follow the instructions I email you daily. Don’t worry, Keith. The burden isn’t on you; it’s on me.”


And if my readers have taken in the Scriptures above, we see that God’s instructions to His chosen ones are very similar to those from Keith’s boss.   God knows that we can’t handle the world and our lives on our own; and our Lord shows us that we can rely on His instructions (i.e., His word) to give us the strength and direction we need to watch over God’s business.  So, let’s just trust our Lord today to give us His enabling grace to deal with our lives, …  no matter what we encounter.             

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for trusting in Your strength, Lord, when I am weak.        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to trust in Your strength, Lord, to get me thru the tough times.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: