Wednesday, September 27, 2023

September 27, 2023 … He Knows My Name …

September 27, 2023 … He Knows My Name …    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Tasha Cobb Leonard, singing You Know My Name … Poignantly and powerfully singing of how God sees all and knows His own by name, caring for all about His children.    



============        

Highlight Passage: … Genesis 16:13 [NLT] … 

13 Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the Lord, who had spoken to her. She said, “You are the God who sees me.”  

… Hagar recognizes God as “El-Roi,”  the One Who sees her.     .                        

               

Highlight Passage (Context): … Genesis 16:1-16  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Hagar gives birth to Ishmael and recognizes god as the God Who sees, (i.e., El-Roi0    .         

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Psalms 139:1-7  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… King David sings of sings of God seeing, hearing, and knowing all about His chosen ones.           

Reference Passage: … Isaiah 43:1 [NLT] …  

1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD Who created you.  O Israel, the One Who formed you said, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransom you, I have called you by name; … You are mine.  

… God calls out, thru Isaiah, to His chosen people, calling them by name.   


Reference Passage: …Jeremiah 1:5 [NLT] …  

5 “… I (God) knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born, I set you apart and appointed you as My Prophet to the nations.” 

… God shows Jeremiah that God knew him and called him out to be a Prophet to God’s people even before even Jeremiah was in his mother’s womb.   


Reference Passage: …Matthew 10:30 [NLT] …  

30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. 

… Jesus declares to HIs disciples that even the hairs on their heads are numbered by God.    


Reference Passage: …John 10:3 [NLT] …  

The gatekeeper opens the gate for Him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.

… Jesus declares that He is the gate keeper and good Shepherd to God’s flock, calling them by name.     

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mike Wittmer … AT THIS LINK …   tells a story of a young woman, …Natalia, … who moved to a new country with the promise of getting an education and a new life.  But the father of the family where Natalia moved abused her and made Natalia his slave.  But God watched over Natalia and she was taken under the care of another family who watched over and cared for Natalia’s welfare, allowing her to thrive and grow under God’s care.  


Oh how I pray that all my readers here know that our God knows all about us and watches over us, … just as He did for Hagar and her son, Ishmael (see highlight passage above).   Because our God truly is, as Hagar named Him, “El-Roi,” … the God who sees, …   He has named even the hairs on our heads and watches over us as God, the Father’s, Good Shepherd, Who is the Gatekeeper of God’s flock (see reference Scriptures above).   


And I pray that all of us realize that our Lord knows us by name and watches over our welfare … ALWAYS.  He is certainly my “El-Roi.”  Is He Yours?      

      

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS being there to watch over and care for my life.                    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to know You, Lord, as our El-Roi !!     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note]  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: