Monday, September 25, 2023

September 25, 2023 … Overcoming Our Fears …

September 25, 2023 … Overcoming Our Fears …    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Zach Williams singing Fear, He Is A Liar … Powerfully singing of how fear is exposed aa a lie from hell which is overcome by our trust in God’s strength to overcome our lying fears. 


Overcoming our fears ... 

============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalms 118:6 [NLT] … 

The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?  

… We overcame our fears of others by fearing the Lord and relying on His strength.  .                  

               

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalms 118:1-7  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Likely King David sings of relying on God’s strength to overcome our fears.                              

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Psalms 56:3-4  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK 

… Another Psalm where King David sings of His trust in God overcoming all his fears.      


Reference Passage… Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.   Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, of God providing His strength to overcome our weakness and fears. .        


Reference Passage: …John 16:33 [NLT] …  

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

…Jesus promises His fearful disciples of His overcoming their (our) fears when they (we)face the trials of this world. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28-31  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  … 

… Paul assures and encourages fellow Christians that God causes EVERYTHING to work together for the good of God’s chosen disciples; and therefore we need not ever fear anything in our world.    


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7 [NLT] …  

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 

… Paul teaches fellow Christians (and us) that our fears never come from God.    

                                                                              

My Devotional Journal:</b> Today's Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder  AT THIS LINK …  tells of being afraid of bullies on the playground when the author was eight years old; … but coming to learn and lean on God’s strength in his later years to overcome the fearful lies of Satan and the world.  


And if my readers have taken in and believed the song of Zach Williams sings, linked above, and the truth of God’s word, shared above, … I pray we all KNOW that nothing can come before us that our God cannot handle.  Isn’t our God big enough to handle any of our fears?  I say, YES!  How about you?    

      

My THANKFULNESS:... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for taking care of any fears I might have in this life.                    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to let our BIG GOD handle our fears again today.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.