Wednesday, September 06, 2023

September 6, 2023… You Say I’m Yours …

September 6, 2023…  You Say I’m Yours …   


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Lauren Daigle singing You Say … poignantly singing of how our identity in knowing Christ is EVERYTHING for those who know Christ as Lord and Savior.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Philippians 3:8  [NLT] … 

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ …   

… Paul gives witness to his identity being completely wrapped up in knowing Christ as Lord and Savior.     

               

Highlight Passage (Context): … Philippians 3:1-14 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Paul testifies to his identity being his relationship with Christ.                                                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage </u>: … John 1:12 [NLT] …  

12 But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God.  

…God gives the right to be His children for those who truly believe and accept Jesus as Lord.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] …  

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!  

…Paul teaches fellow Christians that ANYONE who is IN CHRIST is made new by knowing Him as Lord and Savior. 


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] …  

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me..  

…When I died to self and became alive in Christ, my old, sinful, self was crucified be my Lord.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] …  

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.  

…In Christ, we have been make new to be able to serve Him as He created us for His purposes.   


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 2:9 [NLT] …  

But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.  

… We, as Christians, are a chosen people, … chosen to be able to show God’s goodness thru our identity IN CHRIST.  

                                                                                                                                        

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread< author, Monica La Rose   AT THIS LINK …  tells of a poem by Emily Dickinson, which makes fun of those who aspire to being “SOMEBODY” and revealing in what she sees as “the bliss of anonymity. “        


But the Apostle Paul often reveled in, and often touted,  His identity being all about … and all in … his relationship with Christ (see highlight passage and Pauline verses above).  So, … as fellow Christians, … whom do we say we are IN CHRIST?  I pray all of us know that our Lord as accepted us into HIS FAMILY and given us a new - SIN FREE - self, which was bought and paid for by our Lord with HIs blood on the cross.  Today - and ALWAYS - I am His and He is mine!!  How about you?          

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me a new identity,  found in my relationship with You, Lord. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to revel in our new identity, … sealed by and found in, … our relationship with You, Lord.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.