Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014 … Creation’s Sermon In Me

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 344. Devotional Song: Go to this link -  … Please take the time to take in a contemporary song, sung by Brian Doerksen, Creation Calls, … reminding us that God speaks to us, of His presence and power through His creation - sometimes quietly and sometimes loudly.


Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV Job 38: 4 … God’s call for His children to hear Him through His creations …
  4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? … Tell Me, if you have understanding. …” 
============
Highlight Context – Job, Chapter 38 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …  … God’s sermon on creation to his confused servant, Job
============

Reference Passage #1 - NKJV Psalm 71: 6 … Praise to God for all that I am in the vastness of His creation.
  5 For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; You are my trust from my youth. 6 By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb. My praise shall be continually of You.
Reference Passage #2 - NKJV Psalm 139: 13-14 … AGAIN, praise to God for all that He has created in me.
  13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 

Reference Passage #3 - NKJV Romans 1: 20-21 … Even Paul wrote about how man’s selfishness has a tendency to hide his or her eyes for God’s greatness.
  20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Mart De Haan, begins with a reminder of the wonders of the human heart. De Haan writes …
" Our heart beats about 100,000 times every day, pumping blood to every cell in our bodies. This adds up to about 35 million beats a year and 2.5 billion beats in an average lifetime. Medical science tells us that every contraction is similar to the effort it would take for us to hold a tennis ball in our palm and give it a good hard squeeze.”

 But when we’re running a marathon or just handling the challenges of life, do we really think of this one little physical organ which God has created so that we can live and move and have our being. In think not!! … And then when one contemplates the vastness of all of creation, we have to be overwhelmed by the majesty and wonder of our God. And that is what God’s servant, Job, finally confronted, after he had be plunged into an abyss of personal suffering and pain. Job, like most of us would, lost his perspective of his God, a perspective of faith which he had expressed much earlier in his journal of suffering [go back and meditate on Job 1: 20-22].

We’re like Job, aren’t we? When we get embroiled in the mist of the trials of life, we have a tendency to ignore God’s glory which surrounds us or when we contemplate what God has done to allow us to live in the world HE created. But in Chapter 38 of Job’s song of deliverance [linked above], we read of God opening Job’s eyes to really WHO GOD IS in the perspective of God’s creation. And then we see Job’s eyes of faith being opened again as we read of Job seeing the greatness of God and His glory through all Job had experienced in the vastness of all God had created.

 Perhaps there are some reading here who’ve lost their perspective of God due to trials we might be encountering. Well, look around and see all of God’s creation; and know that HE IS GOD … and WE ARE NOT!!! … And in this we can praise our Lord for all that HE IS and all we could be if we but acknowledge Him in faith.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, You created me to be a reflection of Your creation. Help me to shine Your light today, forgetting who I see in me and projecting whom You’ve created me to be. Amen

Blogger Note: Every day during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: