Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014 … Stewards of Our Story

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 349

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in the lyrics of Sarah Evans singing the old Christmas gospel favorite, Go Tell It On the Mountain, … Reminding us of our witness to the greatness of our God to others in this world and how we must go and tell the story of God’s love by the way we live and in the declaration of our witness …


Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV Deuteronomy 4: 9 … Our life becomes a living book and testimony to God’s glory - OR NOT! - to the next generations
  9 Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren, … 
============
Highlight Context - Deuteronomy 4: 1-14 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   We are stewards of our legacy and life story for God’s glory
============

Reference Passage #1 - Deuteronomy 6: 4-9 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   God’s charge to share His truth in the way we live and in passing our legacy on to the next generations.

Reference Passage #2 - Psalm 32 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   David’s drive to share all - the entire truth of his story - to the coming generations to instruct them in the way to go - see especially verse 8, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go,"… 

Reference Passage #3 - Psalm 40: 5 [NKJV] … David recounts the value of all that had transpired in his life , as he declared his witness to God in song …
  5 Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. 

Reference Passage #4 - Psalm 119: 145-146 [NKJV] … The Psalmist testifies openly in song to the power and value of God’s testimonies …
  5 I cry out with my whole heart; Hear me, O Lord! I will keep Your statutes. 146 I cry out to You; … Save me, and I will keep Your testimonies. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Julie Ackerman Link, declares the power God has provided to each of us, as followers of the living God, to give glory to Him through our testimonies. The way we live our lives and the declarations from our witness make us stewards of our testimonies. Hence our lives become open books, a legacy for the next generations and for others whom God desires to come to Him in faith.

 Today’s ODB entry helped me to realize, with Spirit-led clarity, that we, as Christians, are stewards of our story; and as we live our lives we either project and anti-Christ or pro-Christ story for all to see/hear. And so, we must ask our selves, “What story am I telling to others, especially to the next generation, by the way I live and the proclamation of my story?”

 So today, let’s “Go tell it on the mountain” with our witness, … our story, … of Jesus’s love and saving grace.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … Let my life and witness proclaim Your glory, especially during this Advent season Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: