Wednesday, December 03, 2014

December 3, 2014 … On Whose Side Am I?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 337

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in the lyrics with the group, Avalon, singing their contemporary song, He’s Everything To Me, … reminding all Christians of the reality of a true life in Christ where our pursuit of a deep/abiding relationship brings our life into accord with Him.


Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV Psalm 73: 28 … Being near to God is just the “bestest” place to be!! …
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; … I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, … That I may declare all Your works. 
============
Highlight Context – Psalm 73 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  The Psalmist pleads for God’s presence, provision, and power
============

Reference Passage #1 – Deuteronomy 31: 6-8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  Moses reminds Joshua (and us) that God will never leave us, nor forsake us

Reference Passage #2 - NKJV Psalm 139: 23-24 … The psalmist’s plea for God’s reshaping and restoration
  23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. 

Reference Passage #3 - NKJV Proverbs 3: 5-6 … Solomon teaches of the need to get as close to God as we can in this life, not leaning on our own ways …
  5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Joe Stowell, tells an interesting historical story about Abe Lincoln during the American Civil War to illustrate his devotional point today. He writes …
  In the heat of the American Civil War, one of President Lincoln’s advisors said he was grateful that God was on the side of the Union. Lincoln replied, “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” 

And that was the concern of Asaph, the Psalmist of Psalm 73; and David in Psalm 139; and Solomon in Proverbs 3: 5-6, who pleaded with God to bring them into a right and abiding relationship with their God.

 And if you take in the images and truths from the attached photo, the linked song, and the Scriptures referenced above, you will be challenged to ask, as I was today … ”Just how close am I to my God, Who desires that I draw as near to Him as I can?” And I’m sure you’ll be motivated to seek a more intimate/abiding relationship with our Lord today than yesterday … and even more tomorrow than today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, Jesus, … Holy Spirit, … draw me close today. Amen

Blogger Note: Every day during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: