Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 20, 2014 … Praying In Jesus’ Name

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 354

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in video of the poignant lyrics and song, sung by the group Selah, In Jesus’ Name We Press On, … reminding us that it is in Jesus’ Name we have our hope to press on in the face of life’s struggles.


Highlight Passage #1 John 14: 13-14 [NKJV] … We pray IN HIS NAME …
  13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 
============
Highlight Context - John 14: 12-21 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   All we desire in this world, especially as we celebrate His Advent would be to life for and in His Name.
============

Reference Passage #1 - John 16: 24 [NKJV] … 
24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 

Reference Passage #2 - Philippians 2: 9-11 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  After our Lord’s sacrifice on the cross, His resurrection and ascension to return to glory, God’s Name - “LORD” - now elevates Him to rule over all in our lives

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Dennis Fisher, reminds and teaches all Christians of the power we have in the Name of Jesus to live our lives. And as we go through this current Advent Season, commemorating our Lord’s birth, let us keep our eyes of Who Jesus is and it is on HIS NAME we should focus all our living and prayers.

 Today’s ODB entry asks me - and I hope you - that all we are now and all we will ever be is a reflection in this life and a realization in the next of Jesus. And as Paul reflected in Philippians 2: 5-11, linked above, Jesus, upon his return to heaven after His resurrection has been given the name “LORD,” will all that Name means. The question for all Christians is … Does the Name of our Lord have the meaning in our lives it should? Or stated another way … Is Jesus really “LORD” in our lives?

 In this Advent Season, I think that should be THE question we reflect on. So, … do we celebrate “christmas” … or will we be celebrating “CHRISTmas?” Because only if His Name means what it should in our lives will we have the joy He desires for us (see John 16: 24 above).

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … I so pray that You are my LORD as I pray in Your Name. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: