Thursday, October 11, 2018

October 11, 2018 … Oh My Fairest Lord, Jesus!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 283 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images, song, and lyrics from Ross Parsley leading in worship and singing … Fairest Lord Jesus … poignantly singing of the wonder of our Savior, … King Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 21:25 [NLT] … 25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. 
 … John declares that there are not enough books to have written about all that Jesus did on earth during His ministry, let alone all that He did as the Son of God thru eternity.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 21:24-25 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… The Apostle John testifies as to the depth/breadth of Jesus’ ministry on earth.
=============

Reference Passage : … Job, Chapter 28 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Job declares that God’s word is the mine of truth where we need to search for all the wisdom of God.

Reference Passage : … John 20:30-31 [NLT] … 30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. 
… John wrote so that we Christians could see that Jesus was truly the Son of God; but he couldn’t not write enough to declare the breadth of this truth.

Reference Passage : … 1John 1:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… John, writing to Christians about the wonders of our Savior, whom he had witnessed in glory on earth.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul, writes on the extensive power of scripture to shape our lives, … if … we’re but willing to plumb its depths.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa Samra, used a word picture of a library to show just how extensive were the works of King Jesus. The ODB author writes … As a girl I loved to visit my small local library. One day, looking at the bookshelves holding the young adult section, I reasoned I could probably read every book. In my enthusiasm I forgot one important fact—new books were regularly added to the shelves. Although I gave it a valiant effort, there were simply too many books [see photo]

The Apostle John (in the highlight and reference passages above) gives testimony to just how extensive were the works of Jesus during His earthly ministry, … too extensive to be chronicled in all the books in all the world (see library photo). But John wanted us to see, thru what he could write in his day, along with the testimonies of the other authors of God’s word (which is the testimony of Jesus in all the bible - see 2Tim. 3:16-17), that truly Jesus was and is, as is sung in the linked song above, our “Fairest, Lord, Jesus!!!”

 That’s why I come here daily, plumbing the depths of Scripture, using Our Daily Bread as my digging tool, to see more and more of what has been written about my King Jesus so that I can know Him more and more intimately day-by-day. I pray others who read with me here are digging in the same, infinitely inexhaustible, mine of truth [go read Job, Chapter 28] to know our Savior. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, for providing me with the depth of Your truth in Scripture so that I can know You as my King Jesus!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … As the songs sings, You are truly my “Fairest Lord, Jesus;” and I will come here daily to mine that truth from the depth of Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: