Tuesday, October 09, 2018

October 9, 2018 … Praying His Word

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 281 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images, song, and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing … Word Of God Speak … poignantly singing of how God speaks to our every need through His Word.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 8:26 [NLT] … 26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 
… When we can’t even find the words to express our needs, God’s Spirit will intercede for us before God’s throne of grace.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 8:22-30 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, explains how His Spirit will supply what we can’t even find the words to pray for. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… No matter what we pray, or in whatever language we pray, God always bends down to hear us.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 3:20 [NLT] … 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, ... 
… God will always be able to do more for us than we could ever imagine.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s grace, provided by His Spirit, is ALWAYS sufficient for our needs, even when we have trouble believing it.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lawrence Darmani, used a story of gratitude to God for providing an African tribe His Holy Word in their own language. The ODB author writes … At a dedication ceremony during which a Bible translated into a local African language was presented, the area chief was presented with his own copy. In appreciation, he lifted the Bible to the skies and exclaimed, “Now we know God understands our language! We can read the Bible in our own native mother-tongue.” 

Do my readers here desire to partake of God’s truth as much as this African Chief? I pray so; because each morning when I come to this quiet place to be with God, He is there to listen to my prayers and speak to me thru His word. And I hope I sense an “AMEN” from those reading with me today. 

Because God’s very word [see Scriptures above] promises me (us) that I (we) can expect our Lord to hear us and to even intercede for us before God’s throne of grace when we don’t have the words, and especially when I pray God’s very own words back to Him (see photo).

And for that I will pray a loud ”HALLELUJAH!!” Will you join me?!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, precious Spirit, … for hearing my words, especially when they are Your own.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that You intercede for me when I don’t have the words. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: