Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October 23, 2018 … The Road Less Traveled

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 295 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images from Clay Crosse, Bebe Winans, and Bob Carlisle singing … I Will follow Christ … poignantly and powerfully singing our choice as disciples of Christ to follow His road in life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 7:14 [NKJV] … 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. 
… The road in life we must take in following Christ is narrow and difficult; but we must choose to take it!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 7:13-14 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Jesus declares the most important choice we will ever have in life and that is to follow Him or take the roads of the world, Satan, or self.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 1:28-29 [NKJV] … 28  “Then they will call on Me, but I will not answer; they will seek Me diligently, but they will not find me. 29  Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord, 
… The consequences of those who do not seek to know and follow Christ.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NKJV] … 105  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… Personally I choose to use God’s word to light my path in life.

Reference Passage : …Luke 9:23 [NKJV] … 3 Then He [Jesus] said to them all [His followers], “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
… The choices we must make to follow Christ as His disciple.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NKJV] … 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 
 … The only way Jesus can show Himself in us is when we choose to show our love for Him by following His way in life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David C McCasland, uses a a verse from a Robert Frost poem to illustrate the choices we will have in life (see photo). The ODB author writes … I have a beautiful autumn photograph of a young man on horseback in the Colorado mountains as he contemplates which trail ahead to follow. It reminds me of Robert Frost’s poem “The Road Not Taken.” In it, Frost ponders two pathways that lie before him. Both are equally inviting, but he doubts he will return to this place again, and he must choose one. Frost wrote, “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.”  

Today I’m going to make a number of choices from the roads of life which will be before me (see photo). The question is … which road will I take? Will I take the road which the world lures me to take? Or maybe I’ll walk the road appealing to me by my selfish desires; or even the road Satan would lead me to take? … OR … Will I take, as Robert Frost wrote, “the road less traveled,” which is the road Jesus wants me to take (see Scriptures above).

And after you’ve linked to today’s song and heard it, my question for any reader here, as well as for myself, is … WHICH ROAD WILL WE TAKE TODAY?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, for shining Your light on my road so that I can follow You!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I’m praying that all who read here are using God’s word to light our path [see Ps. 119:105]. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: