Monday, October 08, 2018

October 8, 2018 … God’s Love Song

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 280 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers singing … I Love You Lord … poignantly singing of our desire as disciples of Christ to worship King Jesus with the way we live as a song of love to Him. [BTW - this is a song I sing back to God everyday in prayer!]


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Zephaniah 3:17 [NLT] … 17  The Lord your God in your midst,The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” 
 … God, thru Zephaniah, promises to joyously sing over the salvation of His people. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Zephaniah 3:14-20 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… God’s promise to bring His people back to Him and to cover them with His singing. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 63:1-3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God sings this song to me everyday and I try to sing it back to Him to show Him how much He means to me.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… His song becomes my prayer … that God will lead me in His way everlasting.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 3:14-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… Paul’s prayer becomes Gods song of assurance.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, used a personal story to illustrate how our loving Abba Father joyfully sings over His beloved chosen ones. The ODB author writes … No one told me before my wife and I had children how important singing would be. My children are now six, eight, and ten. But all three had problems sleeping early on. Each night, my wife and I took turns rocking our little ones, praying they’d nod off quickly. I spent hundreds of hours rocking them, desperately crooning lullabies to (hopefully!) speed up the process. But as I sang over our children night after night [see photo], something amazing happened: It deepened my bond of love and delight for them in ways I had never dreamed.  

What a lovely, soothing, image … of a father singing his child to sleep [see photo], … trying to give his child a sense of peace thru song. And that’s the message God gave His rebellious, grumbling, children thru a Prophet (see highlight passage), promising that He, their God, would sing over their salvation in the days He brought them back to Himself.

Do you get the idea that our God sings His love, mercy, and grace to His children (yes, that’s us!)? I sure do!! And if you’ve come here to read what God gives me to share on a daily basis, you’ve seen (as above) that I ALWAYS link readers to a song to help enhance or illustrate what the Holy Spirit gives me to share.

And please know that EVERY DAY, God sings to me, … showering me with His love thru His word, just as Moses, David, and other Bible authors did when they wrote and sung their Psalms to God’s people.

I pray, as I have this morning, that you’ve heard our Abba Father singing to you today. Because He so wants His children to feel His love and peace through the words of song in His eternal truth. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for singing me today - as all days - thru Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, all of us, who call ourselves “Christian,” will reach out to show Your love/grace to others today and all days. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: