Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11, 2014 … Faithful in Transformation

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 11

Devotional Song: Go to this link – again today to hear Steve Green singing Find Us Faithful, … charges all Christians to follow and run the true and narrow road ahead, which has been purposed and prdestined by our faith in Christ’s atoning work on the cross.
=============


Highlight Passage #1 – NLT: 2 Corinthians 5: 17…  
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: 2 Corinthians, Chapter 5, Verses 12-21 … GO TO THIS LINK …  ============
Reference Passage #1: 2nd Corinthians 5: 17 … [NKJV] … [As Christians we are becoming newness in Christ, every moment we’re in surrender to Christ] …  
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
============
Reference Passage #2: Luke 9: 23 … [NKJV] … [If you don’t know this one already, PLEASE go contextualize, memorize and internalize this command from Jesus.]
============ 
 Reference Passage #3: Philippians 1: 6 … [NKJV] … [Irrevocable and irreversible once one is truly converted to be in Christ. ] …  
6  He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; …
============ 
Reference Passage #4: Romans 12: 1-2 … [NKJV] … [The only thing which can impede the process of sanctification is our choosing to surrender to self rather than to the Savior. ] …  
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.…

My Journal for Today: It’s just Day 11 in our 2014 quest to walk (or run or in some way move down) the road of faith in becoming more like Christ - day by day - until we are completed into the image Christ has predestined for us to become. And that’s the subject of my blog today from Our Daily Bread. And it challenges me to look at just how diligently I’m following the road which God purposed for me in this life.

Yes, I know that I’m a converted, born-again, Christian; and I believe and recognize the truth of all of the scriptural direction which the verses above direct me, either from my devotionals or from my memory, i.e., those which led me to study this morning. And most certainly, and intellectually, I understand the reality that the only impedance to my walking the straight-and-narrow road of sanctification will be the degree to which I surrender to God’s will, find His way, and follow His word.

 So, why do I occasionally balk and allow Satan to impede my progress down God’s road to perfection? Well, I know that too; because I’ve also memorized truths like Jeremiah 17: 9 and 1st Peter 5: 8; but then again, I also know the truth of 1st John 1: 9 and 4: 4. But this internal argument is only going to be meaningful to you if you know or go study these passages. But if we Christians can get through the process of doing this inventory of truth and we can yield to latter truths, espoused in 1st John, we’ll be off and running down that road to becoming more like Christ today.

So, my friend; … follow me; … and LET”S GO!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, those who come after me will be faithful in following You down your road of the faithful to allow you to reshape us in Your image. Shine Your light, Lord, we’ll follow today; and prayerfully tomorrow too! … Amen

 logger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: