Monday, January 06, 2014

January 6, 2014 … Audience of One

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 6

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – to hear Fernando Ortego singing Give Me Jesus, … reminding us that in this world our Lord is all we need; … He’s always our audience of one.
=============


 Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV: Matthew 6: 1; … 3-4 [from the Sermon on the Mount.] …  
1 “Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. … 
3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly. …"
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Matthew, Chapter 6, Verses 1-7 … GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 116: 1-2 … [NKJV] … [God’s always listening!] …
1.  I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

My Journal for Today: From the “Our Daily Bread” devotional for this date, the author relates a fabled story of Johann Sebastian Bach being scheduled in a church to debut a new composition he had created; but when he and the musicians came to the church, no one had shown for the concert. But Bach instructed the musicians to take their place at the designated time; and Bach told them they would be playing for the best audience of all – an audience of One.

And that’s what I needed to read as we move into the new year and I come here each morning to post my daily blog of what God gives me, with the help of “Our Daily Bread,” which I do publish for anyone who might be out there to read my daily blog. Yes, I needed to read this truth from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount because it is my nature to try to do things for the approval and affirmation of other humans; and God is reminding me that HE is the only audience I need for any good works I might do or anything I might write in my blog.

And Fernando Ortega’s song also reminds me that when I come to write what God seems to give me each morning, I may be imagining, as the photo attached displays, that there’s someone out there to read what I write; but really all I need to know is the truth of Psalm 116, copied above, which states the truth that God is always out there to listen closely to anything I might say verbally or in writing; and He’s all I need as my audience of One … THE ONE!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, thank You for ALWAYS being there to take in my thoughts … to share with me what You give me each day. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: