Friday, January 24, 2014

January 24, 2014 … Telling Our Story

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 24

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take a few minutes to see a video of Alan Jackson singing … I Love To Tell The Story, proclaiming the joy which comes from sharing our own story of Jesus and His love. … And then to this link,  for the song reminding us why it’s so important for us to share our own story of redemption and restoration in Christ, … because as Steve Green sings, People Need the Lord
=============


Highlight Passage #1 – NKJV: Romans 10: 14 … Go to this link [NKJV] … [Can we have such faith when things are going bad? ] …  
14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Romans, Chapter 10… GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Matthew 28: 19-20 … Go to this link [NKJV] … [Our great commission!] …  19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Reference Passage #2: Acts 1: 8 … Go to this link [NKJV] … [Are we willing to witness and share our story with others who desperately need Jesus.] …
8 “ … But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

My Journal for Today: Today in my Our Daily Bread devotional, the author tells the story of an evangelist who lived with a tribe of Eskimos for some time in the 18th century and carried the message of the Gospel to them, many in the tribe being saved. And, as the story goes the very grateful Elder Chief of the tribe soon after the missionary came to them said, ” … it does seem to me . . . that it took a long time for you to . . . tell it [i.e., the Gospel] to your brother in the woods.”

When I was searching for a photo to illustrate the essence of what God laid before me today, I was stricken by the image in the attached photo, because I’ve been where that grandma was in sharing the stories of Jesus to her grandchild. I’ve also had the blessing of sharing my personal testimony with someone who desperately needed to hear the Gospel message of salvation. It is such a rush to do so, especially if we are blessed to see someone, perhaps a loved-one, with whom we’ve shared the good news come to a saving relationship with Christ. I witnessed to my father for several years, whom I had realized was lost, and had the privilege of seeing he and my mother come to know Christ as Lord and Savior in their seventies.

Today, we’re likely going to encounter people who will pass us by and would likely be relegated to hell if they died that very moment. Listen to the songs which I’ve linked any readers to today; and then take the reality of those songs, which certainly convict me, that I need to be praying for opportunities to share my story of redemption with every one and anyone who will listen.

Perhaps today will be one of those opportunities.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, give me the chance to share your story with someone today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: