Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 25, 2014 … Maybe today!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 25

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take a few minutes to see a video of an anonymous praise chorus singing … Find Us Faithful, proclaiming the hope that if Jesus came back today that we, His Bride, would be ready for His arrival
=============


Highlight Passage #1 – NKJV: Matthew 24: 42 … Go to this link [NKJV] … [Can we have such faith when things are going bad? ] …
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.  
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Matthew, Chapter 24, Verses 36-44… GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: 1st Thessalonians 5: 1-21 … Go to this link [NKJV] … [Who knows? … Maybe today!!] …

 Reference Passage #2: Revelation 19: 8-9 … [NKJV] … [Jesus will come back for His Bride – maybe today. Is she prepared?] …  
7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. … 9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” 

My Journal for Today: What do you think? Maybe it will happen today. And if you’ve taken in the photo, the song, and the Bible passages I’ve rendered above, you know to what I’m referring. … Yes, it’s the coming of Jesus, the Bridegroom, to take His Bride, the church, to be with Him at the wedding feast of the Lamb of God.

The questions for us all hang with reality over our heads: … #1. Are we His Bride? And #2. Are we ready for His coming … TODAY?!

I know it seems like I’m going to be lazy here; but I’ll quit drubbing you all with more exhortation and just charging any who’re reading with me here to take in my study references above (photo, song, and text); and then ask yourself, ”Am I ready for my Groom to come and take me home today?”

 I’ll answer it for me … you for you!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, Lord, … please give me the time to prepare my linens, as I should, for Your coming. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: