Friday, January 31, 2014

January 31, 2014 … Buyer’s Remorse

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 31

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take a few minutes to see a video of the group, Phillips, Craig, and Dean, singing the song wrote … He’ll Do Whatever It Takes, which promises that God will do whatever it takes to give us His robes of righteousness to cover our rages of sin.
=============

 
Highlight Passage #1 – NKJV: Isaiah 61: 10 [NKJV] … [His robes for my rags!] …  
10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
============
Context for Highlight Passage: Isaiah, Chapter 61 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK ... 
============

Reference Passage #1 - NKJV: Genesis, Chapter 3 ... GO TO THIS LINK … 

Reference Passage #2: Colossians 3: 1-17 … [NKJV] … [Putting off the old rags of sin and putting on God’s robes of righteousness ] … GO TO THIS LINK ...

 Reference Passage #2: 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, Verses 16-21 … [NKJV] … [Letting God reconcile and robe us in His robes to become the new Christlike version of me He died for me to become.] … GO TO THIS LINK ...

My Journal for Today: Every had buyer’s remorse? I have. Not too long ago I went online and purchased a casual business-wear jacket. It looked so cool, with elbow patches and some really neat pockets; but when it was delivered, it just didn’t wear right. I tried to wear it several times, trying to convince myself that it was “cool” and a good buy; and I even wore it too many times to rightfully return it. It was my ego which bought the jacket; but it was my sense of rightness which gave me buyer’s remorse.

Well, the worse case of “buyer’s remorse” in the history of mankind took place in Genesis, Chapter 3 where Satan, the slickest salesman of all time, sold Eve first, and then Adam, on taking a taste of the forbidden fruit in the garden. And as soon as Adam and Eve had bought into this con-job, they had to have had the ultimate case of buyer’s remorse; and we know that they even tried to hide in the garden from a all-knowing and all-seeing God (see the photo attached). And here they were, naked in their remorse; and we know what that case of buyer’s remorse did for them and the rest of mankind.

My friend, when we come into this world, it’s so easy for us to buy into the ways of Satan and the world, ... isn’t it? I did for many years of my early life into adulthood, buying into on many versions of my self, trying to fit into the world’s ways. However, over and over again, I had buyer’s remorse until finally, in brokenness, I sought to receive the robes of righteousness which were offered to me by The Messiah, … the Lamb of God, … my Lord and Savior, Who died on the cross and was raised again so that He could offer me His robes to cover my rags of sin.

And I’ll tell you, from my witness and testimony, accepting that free gift of God’s grace and His robes was the best “buy” I ever made; and if you read the passages of Colossians 3 and 2nd Corinthians 5 above, you’ll see that if we do take off our rags of sin and put on Christ’s robe of righteousness, the world will see the newness that Christ died on the cross to give you and me, … the ultimate make-over, … the newness of Christlikeness.

My friend, it’s the greatest bargain ever offered; and receiving this free gift, you’ll never have buyer’s remorse.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, again today, I’m putting on Your robes so that others will see You in me. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: