Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26, 2014 … Wait!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 26

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take a few minutes to see a video of an anonymous praise chorus singing … Have Thine Own Way, Lord, praying that we’ll wait on God as the Potter as we are the clay.
=============


Highlight Passage #1 – NKJV: Psalms 40: 1-3 … Go to this link [NKJV] … [Can we have such faith when things are going bad? ] …  
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. 3 He has put a new song in my mouth — praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the LORD. 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Psalms, Chapter 40… GO TO THIS LINK
============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 64: 8 … [NKJV] … [All Christians have ALL of these fruit … but maybe not as mature as should be the case.] …  
8 But now, O LORD, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand. 

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [NKJV] … [Trusting and patience go hand-n-glove!] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Reference Passage #3: Galatians 5: 22-23 … Go to this link [NLT] … [All Christians have ALL of these fruit … but maybe not as mature as should be the case.] …  
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, PATIENCE, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control.  There is no law against these things!

My Journal for Today: When David wrote Psalm 40, from which the Editors of Our Daily Bread today took the highlight passage, the young King-to-be was putting to song what he had learned while in the dessert, running for His life from Saul, who was trying to kill him. David had to learn to wait on His God for protection and guidance in the face of life’s dire circumstances.

Waiting; … I don’t do waiting very well. How about you? When it comes to pressure or stressful circumstances, I’m afraid the fruit of the Spirit, PATIENCE, is not a mature in this humble vessel as it could be … or should be. I know, as a Christian, I have the fruit of patience (or “longsuffering” – see Gal. 5: 22, 23); however, if I am the clay unto the Potter’s hands, I’m afraid He has some shaping to do to reshape me into the image of my Savior, Who was “patience” personified.

So, this morning, as I think about God’s desire that I yield to the Potter’s hands in my reshaping, I will choose to wait on Him to do as He wills to reform this vessel into whatever shape He desires for me to be like My Lord.

My Prayer for Today … Mold me, Lord … in Your way … and in Your time. I wait on You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: