Saturday, January 04, 2014

January 4, 2014 … God’s Road to Victory

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 4

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – to hear Sara Groves sing one of her powerful songs of faith, It’s Going To Be Alright, … a worshipful reminder that God’s road to victory is often a rocky, steep, and winding road; but as we walk God’s road, we find it’s His road to victory..
=============


Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV: Philippians 1: 12 … 
 12 But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel, 13 so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, …
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Philippians, Chapter 1, Verses 3-14… GO TO THIS LINK … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Genesis 50: 19-20 … [NKJV] … [May Paul’s prayer for God’s people be ours today. ] …  
19 Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? 20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 … [NKJV] … [Even when one does life God’s way, at times the road can seem like one road-block after another.] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path. 

Reference Passage #3: Romans 8: 28 … [NKJV] … [Common, Lord, … couldn’t you make Your way a bit easier to travel?! ] …
 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

My Journal for Today: As you traveling through life, have you ever hit a stretch in the road where, as pictured in the attached photo, you seem to be running into barriers no matter which way you turn. Well, in my “Our Daily Bread” devotional for today, the author reminded me of a great true story of the French General Foch, in WW I, who, when up against great German resistance at the Battle of The Marne, was quoted to have communicated to his superiors, “My center is giving way, my right is retreating. Situation excellent! I am attacking.”

Sometimes life just doesn’t seem to be going anywhere in a direction that we see as positive or productive, does it? And it’s then that we need to have the attitude of faith exhibited by General Foch. Or perhaps, like Joseph, you’ve come through trial after trouble after trial; and you can look back, as exhibited in the passage from Genesis 50, cited above, and see that God brought you through all those trials to the place He has you into His moment of victory.

Yes, God’s road to victory is often a steep and rocky road with many detours and deterrents along the way; but it’s on that road that we need to keep on keeping on, trusting that God knows the way – HIS WAY [see Prov. 3: 5-6] – and, as the Apostle Paul wrote [in Romans 8: 28, all of our trials and troubles are for our good and His glory.

I keep getting this reminder from God’s word over the years from many devotional authors, year after year, and, more importantly, from God’s own truth, … His word. So, I must need the reminders and the restatement of God’s will in this matter of faith. Obviously, I need this message; and most certainly it is pertinent to me as I face hip replacement surgery in a few days; … but maybe it’s pertinent for you as well as you’re trekking down your road, seeking to find God’s way to victory?

If, so, my brother or sister … keeping on, keeping on. As General Foch said, ”Situation excellent!!” 

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I’ll keep seeking to follow You, no matter where You lead me. … Amen  

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: