Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14, 2014 … Love – The Read Deal!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 45

Devotional Song: Go to this link …   Please go to this video link to hear an anonymous praise group singing the poignant and powerful song, No Greater Love, … reminding us that Christ showed the ultimate in sacrificial love when he shed His blood on the cross for the remission of my [your] sins.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: John 15: 13 [NKJV] …  
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: John 15: 9-17 [NKJV] … Go to this link
============

Reference Passage #1: John 3: 16 [NKJV] … I’d likely insult you to copy the verse here; because I’m sure you already know it.

Reference Passage #2: Philippians 2: 5-11 [NKJV] … Go to this link … 

Reference Passage #3: 1st John 4: 10-11… [NKJV] …  
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

My Journal for Today: Today is VALENTINE’S DAY; so it’s not surprising that the subject matter in today’s Our Daily Bread devotional segment is love, sweet love. … And being a child of the 60s, I remember that great song (which you can hear by using this link) with Dionne Warwick singing the Burt Bacharach classic, Love Sweet Love; and the message of that song – “What the world needs now is love sweet love” – is always all too true, isn’t it?

And as we contemplate the kind of love the world ALWAYS needs, we recognize that it’s found modeled in the sacrificial love our Lord exemplified on the cross [see the attached photo]; and if one reads and mediates on all of the Scriptural passages above, we hopefully will stop for a moment on this “Hallmark Card” created holiday and reflect – with sincere gratitude – the ultimate in “love sweet love,” … stopping to pray our thanks to our Lord for loving us from the cross. And then I pray that we’ll all commit ourselves to loving others the way Christ loved us (see especially 1st John 4: 11).

My Prayer for Today … Lord, O dear Lord, I’m broken with gratitude this morning that You would be willing to take my sins to the cross and shed Your blood in love for me. Help me, Lord, to love others the way You love me. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: