Tuesday, February 04, 2014

February 4, 2014 … Jesus’ Numero UNO

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 35

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take your time to see a video of the Christian singing group, Avalon, singing Everything To Me , reminding Christians that Jesus, being EVERYTHING to believers, is the fulfillment in life of God’s greatest commandment (see journal below).
=============


Highlight Verse – NKJV: Mark 12: 30 [NKJV] …
29 Jesus answered him, [a lawyer/scribe within the Sanhedrin]“The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ … 
============
Highlight Passage: Mark, Chapter 12, Verses 28-34 [NKJV] … Go to this link ...  
============

Reference Passage #1: Matthew 22: 37 … [NKJV] … [Parallel highlight passage in Matthew 22.] …  
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment….”

Reference Passage #2: Deuteronomy 6: 4-5 … [NKJV] … [The basis for all Jewish theology.] …  
4 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Berry Patch devotional journal entry may seem like a bit of laziness due to it’s brevity; but be assured this servant of God has been humbly digging into the devotional entry for this date from the Our Daily Bread publication; and it has been deeply convicting for me. And all of it points to my dealing with God’s NUMBER ONE command as dictated by Moses in the Old Testament (see Deuteronomy 6: 4-5, quoted above) and Jesus in the New Testament (see both the Mark 12 and Matthew 22 passages above).

And to be quite honest, if you also take in the song by Avalon, linked above, you’ll see that I’m dealing with the convicting question for me to pray about this morning … “Is Jesus everything to me?” Am I giving over my heart, soul, mind, and strength to serve my Lord? And will I go forth today in total surrender to the will of God for my life as put forth in these highlight and reference passages above?

I’m afraid I’ve got a ways to go! How about you?

My Prayer for Today … Lord, help me with Your mercy and grace to enable me to live up to Deuteronomy 6 and Your greatest command in Matthew 22 and Mark 12 to give over my all to You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: