Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014 … Go Tell It On the Mountain

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 52

Devotional Song: Go to this link …   Please go to this video link to hear Steve Green singing the song, Find Us Faithful, … reminding us how we must faithfully be witnesses for Christ in our calling as His disciples … And then to this link to hear a group of children singing the old Negro Spiritual, Go Tell It On the Mountain,  the wonderful charge of shouting God’s gospel truth from the highest peak we can find in this life.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Mark 3: 13 [NKJV] …  

13 And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted. And they came to Him. 

Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Mark 3: 7-19 [NKJV] Go to this link
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Luke 6: 12-16 [NKJV] Go to this link
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Matthew, Chapter 10 [NKJV] Go to this link  ============

Reference Passage #1: Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … Go to this link …  
23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily,[a] and follow Me. …”

Reference Passage #1: Acts 1: 8 [NKJV] … Go to this link …  
8 “… But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Reference Passage #3: Matthew 28: 18-20 [NKJV] … Go to this link …  
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen

My Journal for Today: It seems that so many of my devotionals – or my quiet times with God – end up ringing the bell of faithfulness in discipleship. Perhaps God is trying to tell me something about my own followership with my Savior. How many times do I gravitate back to Jesus telling His followers what He preached in Luke 9: 23; or how often do I find my self being sent back to hear that wonderful – CONVICTING – song, sung by Steve Green … Find Us Faithful.

OFTEN – perhaps too often!! … And here again today, I’m reminded, rather forcefully, by my Our Daily Bread devotional guide, that I’m one of those disciples who’s been called out by my faith in Christ to be His witness in the world [see Acts 1: 8 and Matthew 28: 19-20 above], … just like He called the original 12 to be in Jesus’ time on earth [in the highlight passages]. Yes, it’s 2000+ years later; but Jesus still calls out His disciples, charging us to follow Him, and to be His witnesses and ambassadors in this world and this life we’ve been given on this earth.

So, perhaps when you take in all that I’ve posted today, you will join me, in conviction and direction, to do as the old spiritual sings, i.e., … to … Go Tell It On the Mountain. And so, today I’ll pray for all of us that we go out and look for ways to witness to His glory in our lives.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, help me to go tell others about you today or to shine Your light through my life. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. ind a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: