Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26, 2014 … Testify to Love

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 57

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear the group, Avalon, singing their poignant song, Testify To Love, … proclaiming the truth and reality of how much God loved us and that our lives are witness and testimony to that love (or not!).
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: 1st John 4: 9-11 [NKJV] …  
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: 1st John, Chapter 4, Verses 7-10 [NKJV] Go to this link 
============

Reference Passage #1: John 3: 16 [NKJV] … … Once again I’ll not insult any Christian reading here by copying the text here; because I assume you know it.

Reference Passage #2: John 13: 34-35 [NKJV] …  
34 “ … A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Reference Passage #3: 1st Corinthians, Chapter 13 [NKJV] … It’s the “love chapter” … GO TO THIS LINK …

My Journal for Today: All too often I must admit that I need a mind-jog, like the blog from my Our Daily Bread today, reminding me of just how much God loved us first so that we can be a testimony to that love by loving others. I admit that my life gets engulfed in the “tyranny of the urgent” and influenced by all the unloving things that go on in our world; and I tend to forget that I’m out here in the world, with the love of God in my heart, so that, as the group Avalon sings in the song to which I link you above, I will “testify to love.”

So, I ask myself here, and perhaps you are too, “Is my life a testimony to God’s love for me?” Am I a witness to the truth of John 3: 16 and all of 1st Corinthians, Chapter 13 in the way I reach out to others? All too often, I think not. So, I’ll not dwell in the obvious here.

A pop-quiz on life is good for me – and perhaps you – to stop and take inventory of our how our lives shine the light and love of God. I’m going to pray that - today - I’ll do something which will show or perhaps even shout out God’s love to at least one other today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, give me a chance TODAY to show someone just how much you love that person … through me. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: