Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014 - Our Helper

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 49

Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please take a few minutes to see a video of the group, 4Him, singing the song … Be Thou My Vision, which reminds us that we always have a "Helper" to guide our vision in all things.
=============
Highlight Passage #1 – NKJV: John 14:26 [NKJV] …
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 
============
Contextual Passage: Romans 16: 1-16 [NKJV] … Go to this link ...
============

Reference Passage #1: 1st Corinthians: 12: 28 ... [NKJV] …
28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, HELPS, administrations, varieties of tongues.

My Journal for Today: The concept of "helping" has unfortunately been minimized in our culture, which is unfortunate, because the Bible certainly doesn't do that. We've become a culture where "helpers" take a back seat to "leaders."  And we desire to be in control rather than submitting to help others.

However, as today's Our Daily Bread highlights, Jesus sent His "Helper," The Holy Spirit, to reside in the hearts of Christians, and in Romans, Chapter 12, linked above, God shows that there are those with a special gift of "helps" (or service), ... those who are specially gifted and empowered to be able to reach out and help others when they need help.

Perhaps you're one with that gift and you really are juiced when you have the opportunity to help someone; and when you do, at night, you sleep with great peace because you know God has used your gift of "helps;" and you used it for God's glory.

Actually, any time we use our Spirit imparted gift(s), as God's Spirit leads us by opportunity, we are being God's "helper;" and I don't know about you, but I certainly think it's a big PLUS anytime I can be a helper for my Lord. In fact, that's' exactly what I'm going to pray I can be today as I try to be a "helper" in God's kingdom.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, give me an opportunity to use the gifts You've given me to serve You  today.

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: