Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 15, 2014 … God – Our Creator … Healer

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 46 

Devotional Song: Go to this link …   Please go to this video link to hear Brian Doerksen singing the poignant song, Creation Calls, … reminding us that Christ spoke the entire creation into existence with a word; and all things were and are created in, by, and for Him.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalms 139: 13-14 [NKJV] …  
13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
=============
 Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Psalms, Chapter 139 [NKJV] Go to this link  
============

Reference Passage #1: Genesis 1: 1-5 [NKJV] … Go to this link

Reference Passage #2: Psalms 19: 1… [NKJV] …  
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.

Reference Passage #3: Colossians 1: 16… [NKJV] …  
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

My Journal for Today: Today the Our Daily Bread devotional and some recent life circumstances reminded me of the reality that everything in my life is NOT about ME.

 It’s all about God.

He created me; and I’m held together and in the process of completion FOR HIM. My God is my Creator. He’s my Sustainer, my Provider, and my Redeemer; and He has done all that for HIS GLORY. And you may be asking, what does a picture of a surgically replaced hip have to do with all of that? Well, a few months ago acute hip pain fell upon me, causing me to lose sleep and forcing me to make decisions based on my pain. Well, I recognized this scenario; because almost 3 years ago I went through this with my other hip; and I was led to have a surgical replacement of that hip, which looks – on Xray – like the photo you see attached. And here I was again, going through the same deal with my other hip. Well, I had the hip replace by the same surgeon a couple of months ago; and when it was done, I was walking on a cane and in a lot of pain; but I knew that the pain then was for the purpose of recovery. Most certainly, … right after the surgery there was a lot of pain; but I knew things would get better; and they did. Two weeks after the surgery, I was walking without a cane and only with marginal, tolerated pain. And here I am, a month after the surgery, walking with minimal pain and even driving again.

Now, again you may ask what does that testimony have to do with a song like Creation Calls, linked above and sung beautifully by Brian Doerksen? What does my hip replacement have to do with the highlight verse, penned by a Psalmist in Psalms 139: 13-14? On the other hand, maybe you’re beginning to identify with the fact that God allows many things, including the painful ones, into our lives; but they’re all for His glory … not for our pain.

Isn’t it wonderful that FOR HIM I was created; … FOR HIM I’ve gone through 70 years of refinement; … and for HIM a skilled surgeon was able to replace both of my hips so that I could continue to serve HIM for HIS glory? Truly I stand in awe and in gratitude today for those hip replacements, … for my life, … for all of His creation; … and that I can serve with all of that FOR HIM. He is my God, … my Creator, … my Sustainer, … my Provider, … my Redeemer! He is everything to me.

And do I sense anyone out there, joining me here, proclaiming a loud … HALLELUJAH!!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, Creator, I praise Your Holy Name for creating me and sustaining me for Your glory! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: