Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 11, 2014 … Fear not! He’s the friend of a wounded heart.

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 42

  Devotional Song: Devotional Song: Go to this link  – Please go to this video link to hear The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing the poignant song, Friend of a Wounded Heart, … reminding us that when we’re fearful or heart-broken, we have the Friend of friends in our relationship with Jesus.
=============

 
 Highlight Verse – NKJV: Psalms 56: 3-4 [NKJV] …  
3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. 4 In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what can flesh do to me?
============
Highlight Passage – NKJV: 1st Kings 17: 17-24 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 26: 3-4 … [NKJV] …  
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. 4 Trust in the LORD forever, For in YAHWEH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.

Reference Passage #2: Isaiah 41: 10… [NKJV] …  
10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 

Reference Passage #2: James 5: 13-16 [NKJV] … Go to this link

My Journal for Today: Ever been way down, … with a wounded heart, … fearful and having trouble trusting others, let alone God? We all probably have one of those T-shirts, having been there. So, in moments like that where can we, … where do we, … turn? Well, that’s what today’s Our Daily Bread was being addressed.

 Please take the time to use my song link today to hear the powerful rendition of Wayne Watson’s great contemporary song, Friend of a Wounded Heart. It should help all of us realize that in moments of despair or fear, we, who are truly born-again in Christ, most certainly have a friend to lift us up as Isaiah wrote about in the two passages I’ve quoted above from the Prophet.

 And in today’s highlight passage of 1st Kings 17, linked above, Elijah, the action Prophet, showed his faith in God in one of life’s lowest moments, … the death of a child; and with him praying diligently, God showed His power over death, as He would later do with His Son, by saving the widow’s son.

Quite often, being an Elder in my local church body, congregants come forth, believing in the truth of James 5: 13-16; and they come to their Elders; and we have the privilege of praying for them, possibly for healing of some declared “terminal” malady. And can we assure these with broken hearts that they will experience complete healing in this life from whatever disease or brokenness they’re experience. No, … but we can pray, with absolute assurance and confidence, that they have a Friend in Jesus, Who does heal and tend to broken hearts, just as the Brooklyn Tab sings in today’s song. And when I pray for healing, let’s say for someone with cancer whose body is failing, I KNOW and can pray with confidence, that God WILL HEAL that one, in this life or the next. But there will be healing for the one who’s come forth in faith to have their Elders pray for them. It was a done deal, sealed on the cross for all who will come – in faith – to pray to the Friend of a wounded heart.

I will pray below that we all have the peace of knowing, as Isaiah wrote in Is. 26: 3, that we have a Savior, who is our Friend of a Wounded Heart.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I do so pray that all of us, keeping our minds, in faith, on Your wondrous grace, recognize You as our Friend, our Healer, and our Redeemer when we have wounded hearts. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: