Saturday, February 08, 2014

February 8, 2014 … “I didn’t mean to do it!”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 39

Devotional Song: Devotional Song:   Go to this link  – Please, PLEASE, PLEASE go to this video link to hear the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing, Your Grace Still Amazes Me, … reminding us of how God’s amazing grace and mercy extends to anyone willing to humbly receive it when they bring their burdens to the cross (see the photo).
=============


Highlight Passage #1 – NKJV: Leviticus 4: 1-3 [NKJV] … Go to this link
============
Highlight Passage #2 – NKJV: Romans 3: 21-26 [NKJV] … Go to this link
============

Reference Passage #1: Ephesians 1: 7 … [NKJV] …  
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace …

Reference Passage #2: Ephesians 2: 8-9 … [NKJV] …  
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

My Journal for Today: This morning, in my Our Daily Bread devotional segment, I was taken to the Old Testament Law which allowed for atonement of unintentional sin (see the Leviticus 4 passage, linked above). And we see that in those days it took some major league works of recompense to make good on some unintentional sin which had been called to the attention to those under The Law given to God’s people through Moses.

However, aren’t we glad that our unintentional sins, … yes, even those which we are unaware of, are covered by the blood of Jesus; and I’m totally in tune with what Phillips, Craig, and Dean sing in the song to which I’ve linked any who read here today? And I beg of you to take the time to use the link and go to You Tube and see the beautiful little video which was created by some caring believer to depict the reality of the grace which covers all who come, willingly and humbly, to the cross of Christ to receive His amazing and truly wondrous grace [also see the attached photo].

The Apostle Paul said it (see the Ephesians passages above); … and I don’t need to say any more … because our Messiah did it all to cover ALL our sins –  FOREVER!!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, Your grace is still incomprehensible to me; but I receive it gladly every day of my life, especially that which covers my sins forever and provides me with Your robes of righteousness. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: