Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014 … Way Too Big For Me!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 55

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to Steven Curtis Chapman singing, His Strength Is Perfect, … reminding Christians just how limitless and extensive is God’s power and strength when things are just too big for us and our strength is gone.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Jeremiah 32: 27 [NKJV] …  
27 “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me? 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Judges, Chapter 6 [NKJV] ... Go to this link 
============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 41: 10 [NKJV] … See attached photo …

Reference Passage #2: Matthew 19: 26 [NKJV] …  
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” 

Reference Passage #3: Mark 14: 36 [NKJV] … And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.” 

Reference Passage #4: Romans 8: 31 [NKJV] …  
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Reference Passage #5: 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV] …  
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.?

My Journal for Today: Have you ever been up against it; and in the moment where you realize that the task at hand or the circumstances are WAY BIGGER than you can handle, you are wanting to cry out, Help me, Lord!!! … We’ve all been there haven’t we; and today’s Our Daily Bread took me back to the story of the frightened Gideon when God gave him the strength of a warrior and delivered the Israelites from the hands of much stronger Midianites.

And when I was reminded of that true story, a flood of the scriptures which a mentor years ago had me memorize and internalize because he told me (and it was true!) that one day I would face situations or circumstances WAY TOO BIG for me; and I would need the strength of God’s promises and truth to lift me up (see the attached photo for one of these passages).

The “Battle Plan” which my mentor taught me was to stop and meditate when I felt overwhelmed by life, having 2-3 strength scriptures memorized. And the plan, which I’ve now been using for years, went like this. First recite the scriptures aloud (for me usually Isaiah 41: 10, Romans 8: 31, and 2nd Cor. 12: 9 – you pick your own verses) and pray to God, The Father, thanking Him for sending His Son to save me. … Secondly, I recite the scriptures again and then pray to God, The Son, thanking Him for being there for me ALWAYS. And finally I recite the verses one last time, finally praying to God, The Holy Spirit, thanking Him for the providing the grace to handle the situation.

And you may say, “That takes a lot of work and time to do all of that!” And you’re right; but the question is, just much do you desire to have God’s power when you feel powerless? My friend, use the link above and go back and hear Steven Curtis Chapman singing the powerful song, His Strength Is Perfect; and then maybe you’ll be motivated enough to try my strength building battle plan.

My friend, I’ve been using that plan for years when I felt inadequate; and it’s never failed to lift me up when I felt down. Perhaps it might work for you too. If you do it and use it, write me and let me know about it. I’d be encouraged by your story (my email address is billb13@bellsouth.net ).

My Prayer for Today … Lord, Your strength is perfect when my strength is gone. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: